Bacon onion rings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2016
Central Pennsylvania
First time making these delicious apps. Very simple. Slice a large sweet, pull out the rings and wrap in bacon. Some rings required 3 pieces of bacon to wrap.
EDC754F7-7A48-4F33-8C71-CBDCFF51EF85.jpeg

Smogrilled for 1.5 hrs
21329A82-51A7-47F2-83C8-994B2A12D812.jpeg

Sorry not many fished pics.
8F2A2F22-5A17-40F6-A00A-31A68D7139F9.jpeg
Definitely hope to do these again soon

Thinking I'd have to have the wife and kid do the wrapping. I dont have the patience now the finger dexterity for that. Yours look darn good.
Jim

Reactions: negolien
I think I could make a meal from just them. They look great.

Nice job Peachey! I know they taste awesome! Take a bit of time to put together but disappear in a heartbeat!

Ryan

I love them, but I'm lazy, too.
I use premade o-rings from the freezer section. Must use whole onion and not minced. I also use the cheapest thinnest store bacon. Don't worry if you leave some gaps the bacon crisps quicker and the breading gets a nice brown

I jusr saw a recipe for this today and yours look great. That's a sign that this is a must do !

That is crazy. Looks like I now have my Super Bowl appetizer. I expect to be smoking a back of home made bacon a few days before. Bacon onion rings and brisket or beef short ribs depending on Costco Inventory.

Man I really need to do these....they look amazing! Nice looking rings peachey!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky