Bacon Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Google

"dollar general applewood smoked bacon jerky" and tell me if it's any of the first 3 pictures you see. If so, I've seen them at different places

The local BiMart (regional chain store) was selling it for awhile and I bought it when ever it was on sale. Good stuff but I haven't noticed it there for some time.

I'm not 100% positive...that happens after ya turn 65, But I don't think it was a popular brand like Oberto or Jack Link, I think it was an off brand. It was priced less than the name brands. I tried Googling a package image..no luck.

If you google there's quite a few recipes out there but most are using a dehydrator or oven. Googling "making bacon jerky in smoker" this popped up but I don't know who this Jeff Phillips dude is. :emoji_grinning:
You could tweak until you get the flavor you want. I'll have to try this one of these days. I think it was Obertos that I bought but I'm sure home made would be better.
https://www.smoking-meat.com/october-23-2014-smoked-bacon-candy-pig-candy

Thanks. His recipes look good, unsure who he is neither. But the pictures make me drool.. most of them anyway.

Where in Oregon? 20+ years ago I was from Ilwaco, Loved it there. But the resort I worked for sold out, new owners weren't all that nice. All business.

Just trying to be funny, he owns and operates this site. I'm in the Salem area, grew up in Warrenton/Astoria across the river from Ilwaco. The coast is a nice place to live but isn't a good place to try to make a living.

I know Astoria well...Spent many paychecks at Annies Upper Town. Loved it there, just didn't pay very well. I made more in unemployment in New York, than I did working 60 hours a week in Washington..Quite a reality check there.
Eagles Nest Resort was fun..but wasn't a money maker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky