Bacon Jerky!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I've wanted to try bacon jerky for a real long time.... today, I finally got around to it!

Had a package of Dailey's bacon in the freezer, yea not my own... but Dailey's is a good bacon that's local to the region!

Sliced the slab in half!

image.jpeg

While gettin the bacon ready, the GMG was gettin warmed up to 175* with Apple pellets!

Spread out the bacon on some QMats, fit em in there pretty tight... but figured the bacon is gonna shrink up a bit so no big deal!

image.jpeg

While the bacon was slowly workin on gettin to the jerky state, I made up a glaze for half the pieces... A Sriracha Honey glaze... 2 TBSP Sriracha sauce & 1 TBSP honey!

image.jpeg

Bout an hour & a half, turned the future bacon jerky! Actually turned it a couple times, blotting off the grease with each turn!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Let it go bout another 20 min & blotted again, then with half brushed on the Sriracha honey mixture... The other half were left unseasoned!

image.jpeg

After putting on the glaze, turned the temp down to 165*. The bacon jerky then went for another half hour, then turned again... Another glaze of Sriracha honey on the half seasoned before! Then let it go another half hour... Blotted lightly & plated up....

The non seasoned bacon jerky...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And the Sriracha honey glazed jerky...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This was just an experiment, but I have to say... My fam loves this stuff & it is really tasty with a cold beer! This will definitely be done again... It's a great snack! Thanks for lookin all!

Justin that looks great,never show your doctor this post LOL I would have eaten half of it while bringing it in
Points for sure
Richie

Looks great, I can see why it was a hit.

Chris

Justin that looks great,never show your doctor this post LOL I would have eaten half of it while bringing it in
Points for sure
Richie

Thanks buddy, this is some tasty stuff! Appreciate the like.

Looks delicious Justin!! Since it seems from that one pic that you can still bend the bacon, the texture shiuld be great.
Goitta admit though that's way too much sriracha for this child. LOL.
Gary

Thanks Gary, this is some tasty stuff & the texture is good! Really not too spicy, the honey with the Sriracha has a nice flavor! Appreciate the like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky