Bacon Jam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2019
South Aus
Was at the local market today and spotted a stand with Bacon Jam and Bacon Salt.

I had never heard of bacon jam before? I tasted the Smokey and also the Worcesthire. Nice and sweet and savoury taste, can taste bacon. Didn’t try the chilli bacon jam.

Bought all 3 jars and the bacon salt.

I am thinking of glazing a chicken with this.

8FE646EC-829B-4C7E-A242-1B6791CF5441.jpeg

My mom makes amazing homemade Bacon onion ,balsamic jam, it's awesome on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches and my favorites are blue cheese wedge salads and biscuits and gravy or over brie cheese with crackers.

My mom makes amazing homemade Bacon onion ,balsamic jam, it's awesome on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches and my favorites are blue cheese wedge salads and biscuits and gravy or over brie cheese with crackers.

Homemade would be the bomb! I just found a couple of recipes using smoked bacon. Might try make it someday.

Thanks, I am going to try it on all your suggestions, didn’t even think of burgers :emoji_wink:

I never had this. I knew about bacon jam and researched recipes but just never got around to making it.

Every time I go to the store, I walk past this where they keep the rest of the artsy fartsy condiments, I’ve even picked up the jar....now it just needs to find it’s way to my cart.

That stuff was all the rage in the 90's. Like Xray, I too researched and bookmarked recipes and then never followed up. I've tasted a few, but was nothing special...JJ

Reactions: Hawging It
I have never tried it, guess I will have to make some to see what its like.

I bet that would be good just slathered in a fresh biscuit! Forktender said biscuits and gravy... Oh no... I'm done for!

Gave it the taste test last night with some crackers, home smoked Jarlsberg Cheese and the smokey version of the jam.

It is really tasty, burger next. Kind of reminds me of a chutney but with a bacon flavour.

That stuff was all the rage in the 90's. Like Xray, I too researched and bookmarked recipes and then never followed up. I've tasted a few, but was nothing special...JJ

Might be time to give it go ChefJimmy? I think with smoked bacon this Jam would be very tasty. The recipes look quite easy, easy enough for even me to do.

Might be time to give it go ChefJimmy? I think with smoked bacon this Jam would be very tasty. The recipes look quite easy, easy enough for even me to do.[/QUOTE]

I have home smoked bacon. I need to try and make some.

Pc farmer: Great stuff, I would like to see/hear your results. I am on shift for another few weeks, next day off I am going to try make some too.

The recipes I saw look quite flexible. It appears to be an excellent condiment.

Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky