Bacon ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Found this in the brine bucket Thursday so thought I would dry and smoke it today.

Used Pop Fassett's brine cure, cutting back the sugar slightly. Cured a couple a weeks.

After letting it dry in the reefer, and then the fan, it went in the preheated smoker.

Maintained 100 to 120 degrees.

4 hours of Corn cob, hickory & apple (pellets).

View attachment 411763

Then 4 hours of pecan (pecan shells using the MECS )

View attachment 411764

I think its had enough.......... back in the reefer!

View attachment 411765

View attachment 411766

My hands smell just like smoked bacon!!

I got those slabs for 5.00 ea. and were gone before I could get more. BTW Just so ya know the packaging said I believe that the due date on them was a couple a years back. I assume they were frozen, cause they taste great! LOL. Thats why I didn't try to get more faster. Really cheap price and two year old date sorta scared me.

I forgot how pretty that pecan was. I am scared to go to sleep tonite, I might eat my fingers!
Found this in the brine bucket Thursday so thought I would dry and smoke it today.

Used Pop Fassett's brine cure, cutting back the sugar slightly. Cured a couple a weeks.

After letting it dry in the reefer, and then the fan, it went in the preheated smoker.

Maintained 100 to 120 degrees.

4 hours of Corn cob, hickory & apple (pellets).

View attachment 411763

Then 4 hours of pecan (pecan shells using the MECS )

View attachment 411764

I think its had enough.......... back in the reefer!

View attachment 411765

View attachment 411766

My hands smell just like smoked bacon!!

I got those slabs for 5.00 ea. and were gone before I could get more. BTW Just so ya know the packaging said I believe that the due date on them was a couple a years back. I assume they were frozen, cause they taste great! LOL. Thats why I didn't try to get more faster. Really cheap price and two year old date sorta scared me.

I forgot how pretty that pecan was. I am scared to go to sleep tonite, I might eat my fingers!
Did you get a pm or whatever is going on here? Gonna send something to ya.

this has got to be a record. congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky