Bacon Dog Memories

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Bear! Bacon is a favorite of mine on a hotdog, especially with a toasted bun and a slice of melted cheese.

I’ve been eating through a pack of Nathan’s 1/4lbers this 4th of July…but I could sure go for one of yours!

Great, another thing I want to make now, HA. Looks great.

Thank You !!
Appreciate that!

Bear

Oh yea!! Love to have me a bacon dog or two! After looking at your scrapple post I ended up going out and getting some scrapple and mush (The Medows brand by Kunzlers in Lancaster) so I guess I'll be making some bacon dogs in the near future also. :emoji_laughing:

Thank You Denny!!
LOL---Great Stuff!! Enjoy!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a little late to the party John. Those Dogs look great as usual. Love the combinations you use. But of course the Bacon would be my first choice. I could go for 2 or 6 right now. Great job.

Those look really good, Bear!
We don't have dogs much anymore because of the Mrs. new low sodium diet. Add the bacon and one dog would be half her daily recommendation :-(
Considering making my own....
Your mention of those flies brought more memories than the hot dogs, though. Growing up near a large fish hatchery I think that's what we called "Bot Flies",
little dark flies with a black dot on each wing. Their entire reason for existing was to bite.....

Thank You Smokey!!
I cut my Sodium way back, because of a few of my problems. When I have dogs or Smoked sausage, I only have 2, instead of 3 or 4 like I used to have, and no other sodium that day.
Also: these little black flies didn't bite at all, they just hung around your eyes, nose, mouth, ears, neck, and face all the time, being a freaking nuisance!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Man that looks great!

Thank You Sandy!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Looks great, Bear! Glad you're still keeping a hand in cooking.

Aside: The first time I ever experienced bacon-dogs was from a street vendor in Tijuana, MX, about 1981. Only condiment was salsa. Not bad at all.

Thank You Mike!!
Hmmm, Never tried Salsa on a Dog, but it sounds Great !!

Bear

Now we just need some apple pie and baseball!

No more Baseball for me, but I believe I could handle the Apple Pie.

Bear

[QUOTE="Bearcarver, post: 2237836,
No more Baseball for me, but I believe I could handle the Apple Pie.

Bear
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I used to like watching baseball

Bear great looking dogs, we love hot dogs here,
Throw a little ( or a lot ) of raw onions on with your bacon and yellow mustard..... done
No matter what I am doing on the BBQ I always throw on 4 or more hot dogs to chew on while cooking, a guy gets hungry while cooking
a meal

David

Good looking stuff Bear!! I've seen folks bacon wrap dogs but never had bacon with them. Mustard and onions, yes but not bacon. This has me thinking though....Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Try it---You won'r believe how good Dogs with Bacon are!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hot dogs, bacon and mustard. A truly classic combo. Nice.

Thanks Brett !!
Appreciate that!

Bear

Looks great Bear! Bacon is a favorite of mine on a hotdog, especially with a toasted bun and a slice of melted cheese.

I’ve been eating through a pack of Nathan’s 1/4lbers this 4th of July…but I could sure go for one of yours!

Thank You Xray!!
Yup---Bacon, Cheese, and Mustard on Toasted Buns makes Great Dogs!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a little late to the party John. Those Dogs look great as usual. Love the combinations you use. But of course the Bacon would be my first choice. I could go for 2 or 6 right now. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
Everything's better with Bacon!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear great looking dogs, we love hot dogs here,
Throw a little ( or a lot ) of raw onions on with your bacon and yellow mustard..... done
No matter what I am doing on the BBQ I always throw on 4 or more hot dogs to chew on while cooking, a guy gets hungry while cooking
a meal

David

Thank You David!!
I always loved Dogs!! I'll never forget when I was a Kid, the whole family would make our own Dogs on sticks over the open fire outside our friends' big tent at Peck's Pond, in Pike County, PA. Then Marshmallows later in the night.

Bear

I'll never forget when I was a Kid, the whole family would make our own Dogs on sticks over the open fire outside our friends' big tent

Ha ha , funny you would say that. Every time we have a fire down at the bunkhouse ( Most weekends ) Mona has to do some dogs, every time. We went to friends 2 weekends ago for a little fire in their backyard and Mona brought her own dogs , they thought it was a hoot, and she had enough for them also. Got to love a woman that does and knows what she wants

David

Ha ha , funny you would say that. Every time we have a fire down at the bunkhouse ( Most weekends ) Mona has to do some dogs, every time. We went to friends 2 weekends ago for a little fire in their backyard and Mona brought her own dogs , they thought it was a hoot, and she had enough for them also. Got to love a woman that does and knows what she wants

David

LOL---My Kinda Woman!! Definite Keeper!!

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky