Bacon butter turkey practice turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cluckinchicken6

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
Texas
Tried the bacon butter turkey for my first turkey it turned out pretty well followed the recipe except went a little heavy on the butter but i guess that's not really a bad thing That's it about 6 hours into the cook started adding the butter rub with fresh chopped parsley
On the money
The last known picture of the turkey before it was destroyed by friends
Great recipe and the rub was not to overpowering just added extra butter great tasting bird

Reactions: donegotfat
Beautiful color on the shot of it on the smoker, I wish my test run had that golden brown.

Nice smoke.

Looks like I am at my point limit for the day, so I owe you a point.

points1.png

Last edited:
Yea it stayed pretty much that color it was on the grill it got a tad bit darker when I turned the heat up to 235 for the last half hour to get a little crispier skin my lighting In my kitchen kind of sucks lol

Yeah, I had a small issue on the skin as well. I am doing one for some work friends, and I may have to pull it a tad early and toss it in the over at 425° to get that crispy skin.

Owed point I mentioned given.

You look to be on great rack for TG-day.

Thanks a lot Al. Do you think I'd be messing up if I just the Grill Mates Sweet and Smokey Rub since that's all I currently have?

The only thing I can say is pull the butter out while it is still semi cold it kind of forms a puddy it's easier to get it under the skin and it sticks to the breast and then microwave the rest to liquid to get the butter to liquid to spread on skin and then sprinkle a little more rub on top before placing it in smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky