Back Home

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
I’ve been pretty scarce for the last three months. Our youngest daughter had a baby in November and we now have the most beautiful granddaughter ever! I’ll back that up with photos, so be careful!

Said daughter lives in the Netherlands. Hence the absence. It’s good to be home, but man I am in baby withdrawal.

I was in the butcher shop last week and this ribeye just jumped into my bag and followed me home. I planned to smoke it and reverse sear. I started by rubbing it with SPOG.

906D267E-7D8B-4675-988E-60BE3A2C1F68.jpeg

I let it run over hickory until about 115. I pulled it and let it rest in foil while the grill was heating up. I seared it for two minutes a side to about 130.

4B198D0C-1B6E-4670-886A-79614BCA7926.jpeg

I made a red wine glaze to go with it and some roasted potatoes. We served it with a nice Napa Cab and a pear salad. It was pretty tasty. It is good to know the smoker still works.

We are glad to be back. However, we received some baby photos this morning that caused me to start cruising the Delta site for tickets! This being a long distance grandparent is going to be really, really hard.

Thanks for keeping the lights on!

Congratulations on the new granddaughter, and the ribeye looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: OldSmoke
Welcome home and congrats on the grandbaby!! That is one fine looking steak. Very nice job cooking that beauty.
I was in the butcher shop last week and this ribeye just jumped into my bag and followed me home.
Don't ya just hate it when that happens? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Congratulations on the new granddaughter!
Fine lookin steak. Haven't tried smoke and reverse sear on a steak, have done it on plenty of other things, may have to try it on steak

Great looking steak!
And a bigger congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Ryan

Congratulations! We just found out we are going to be first time grandparents in June. Fortunately they are in the same state. The distance has to be tough.

Great looking steak!!!
And congrats on the g'baby!!! Its bad enough that my g'babies are just across town!!! I couldnt imagine the air fare we'd rack up in your case!

Jim

I’ve been pretty scarce for the last three months. Our youngest daughter had a baby in November and we now have the most beautiful granddaughter ever! I’ll back that up with photos, so be careful!

Said daughter lives in the Netherlands. Hence the absence. It’s good to be home, but man I am in baby withdrawal.

I was in the butcher shop last week and this ribeye just jumped into my bag and followed me home.
Lol, I'm going to use that line next time the wife rolls her eyes at a tomahawk steak.
Congrats on the grandbaby! Netherlands, though. Well, I guess that's what the internet is for.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back and congrats for the new baby girl.

She is so sweet! Although, reliable sources say she has night and day mixed up. Sleeps during the day and wants to be cute at night. Mom is a bit bleary eyed.

I couldnt imagine the air fare we'd rack up in your case!
This certainly was not factored into our retirement planning!

The cost of airfare is nuts. I watched the price of our tickets go up 400% over the course of a couple of months.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky