Back button problems again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
When I go to a thread & post something, then hit the back button, it takes me back to the page I was on, but it takes me to the bottom of the page. It used to take me back to the thread I just commented on. Anybody else having this problem. I'm using Chrome on a desktop running Windows 10.
Al

I get taken to where I was at on the previous page, not exactly the bottom of it. This seems to be standard for my chrome experience, but I dont remember when it became standard.

I reckon the web folks want us to move on after commenting to another topic and not go back to admire our post. So I just go to the top and click the same category again or forum home page to see what else might be new.

Al, I had that happen a couple times, but after a few more hits, it went where it should have gone.
Working fine now.
Mac--Safari--"Mojave".

Bear

I have to hit refresh screen to see my reply after I hit the back button. Chrome user.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky