1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Back button problems again!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by SmokinAl, Jan 13, 2019.

1. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

When I go to a thread & post something, then hit the back button, it takes me back to the page I was on, but it takes me to the bottom of the page. It used to take me back to the thread I just commented on. Anybody else having this problem. I'm using Chrome on a desktop running Windows 10.
    Al

2. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Al - This is a back button test.

3. old sarge

Back button just took me back to the home page. Safari.

4. Well, here's a back button test from my Galaxy S9 running Chrome.

5. I get taken to where I was at on the previous page, not exactly the bottom of it. This seems to be standard for my chrome experience, but I dont remember when it became standard.

6. old sarge

I reckon the web folks want us to move on after commenting to another topic and not go back to admire our post. So I just go to the top and click the same category again or forum home page to see what else might be new.

7. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster OTBS Member

Al, I had that happen a couple times, but after a few more hits, it went where it should have gone.
    Working fine now.
    Mac--Safari--"Mojave".

Bear

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I have to hit refresh screen to see my reply after I hit the back button. Chrome user.

Chris