Back at last !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wade

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 12, 2013
Kent, UK
The last couple of weeks have been a nightmare as our accounting server at work got trashed by the Zepto virus. It has taken us over 2 weeks to recover it and I have not had much time to get on here. Sorry if anyone has specifically asked for help and I have not responded. I hope to get a chance to go back through the recent threads and see what I have been missing.

sorry.gif

Wade
We had a similar virus hit our server here in New Jersey.. It encrypted all of our files and then demanded $500 in Bit Coins sent to a website to fix the problem .. Took us 10 days to get everything back
To normal. Beware of emails with zip files!!!

Beware of emails with zip files!!!
Ouch - yes we had the same demand but we didn't pay - we just rebuilt the affected server. Yes we block zip files in works e-mails but unfortunately this was brought in through their personal e-mail account. Still, almost fully back up and running now.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky