Babybak`s today~pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat~smoker in n.j.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
south river,
today`s dinner babybaks , after seeing cajunsmoker`s post this weekend i hadda do it !! I preped with jeffs nakid rub and added oregano , sprinkeled all over !! I`m using apple wood to puff, 2-can`s of beer,1/2 bottle cheap white ziffendel & water in the bowl ,, outside temp`s are in the high 60`s !!
Puff`n @ a staedy 220* here are a few pics for now will post more later as i go on !!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

917f6c94_vbattach11949.jpg

2a3c6c68_vbattach11948.jpg

710d8828_vbattach11947.jpg

Look'n good Meat smoker(you do know that could be taken wrong :))

Thats my kinda beer too! Good ol Milwaukee's Best. We have the newer cans here though.

Cant wait to see the end product. If you don't mind, tell me how you did it. Rub isn't as important as temp, times, foil/no foil, meat temp, pull back on bone. I've gotta learn to do ribs right.

Thanks for the help, as you can see I AM expecting it.

Nice look'n "puffer" too!

Hey BigAL,
I rubbed @ noon time , & fired up to get ready !! ( the heat up to 220*) when done rubbing i went bak outside & sprayed my grates with no-stick veg. oil, i foiled my water bowl for easy clean up also, walla water bowl goes in and add to it !! put apple wood chunk`s in @ this time , watch for temp to come bak up & smoke puffing !!! I`m also using my et~73 to monitor smoke chamber !! walla again !! 1pm ribs are in !!!! after 1 hr i now spritzed with (2cups)apple juice,(2tbls)worchestier,and(1tbls) whiskey mix...mmmmm 1 1/2hrs now time to spritz take a pic ,,, I`ll be bak !!!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Look'n good! Thanks for the info. I need to get to the store to get me some ribs. I gave up, but now I'm ready for the challenge. I still don't understand why I have such a hard time w/ribs. But then again, I can't even set the clock on the vcr!

2.5 hrs now foiled, for the next hr , then unfoil and let it stay for 1/2 hr nakid !! then walla ... they are done!! gonna have aspargus ,don`t know what else with them yet !!
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

aa34a091_vbattach11951.jpg

Looking good Meat Smoker
icon_biggrin.gif
, only thing I see wrong is you should drink the wine and beer and just put water in the pan
icon_mrgreen.gif
. Honestly though I have put everything under creation into water pans and have never seen any difference in flavor.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

You didn't mention it, but did you remove the membrane on your ribs? Some folks leave them on the baby backs to give them a little bite instead of them falling off the bone. I tak'em off and let the meat fall where it may
icon_razz.gif

your right Cajun, save that beer for your self .that and some of that wine.if you use it that way it will make your ribs taste better..in the pan it doesn't add a thing..good luck on the cook..

Hi roger(cajunsmoker), no i didn`t pull the membrane, bout time i rembered it was too late !! they were already in ....i gotta remember these little things .....geese !!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

Hey Marvin, (msmith), I love that avatar ,,, it just a gas....lol
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

well dinner has been served , just when i was pulling them out of my smoker, the MRS. got home from work(today is my day off).... she made aspargus with holindase sauce. & potatoe salad(store bought)..
after unfoiling for the last 1/2hr.. i basted with kikoman teriaki sauce for the last 15mins(finish sauce) ......mmmmmmmmm delicious!!! still lick`n my chops!!!lol
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
ok here are the last pics >>> enjoy !!!
O yea i also had some italian seasoned /garlic green olives & stuffed prositto/provelon cheese peppers !!! chao......
8c21c524_vbattach11955.jpg

3012724a_vbattach11953.jpg

e0775451_vbattach11954.jpg

a00b1c5b_vbattach11952.jpg

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Great looking ribs. Thanks for the post. It will help some of us who have rib problems.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice look'n ribs Charlie! Gotta get my but to the store and try them out soon.

Marvin, think it would be a blast. If I'm ever heading down that way I'll ask you to fire up the General and I'll "smell" my way to your house. I'd have to keep it a secret though. Don't want anyone to know that I know a Texan enough to visit him. :) I DO have a reputation to keep up, ya know.

Later

2 thumbs up Charlie!

they look absolutely fantastic..it was definitly a rib kind of weekend..gotta 10# bird for the spit this weekend

UMMM! Looking mighty tasty!!! I need to remember to spray my racks with some Pam or something next time. Had to break out the ol' tire brush to get them suckers clean.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky