Babyback Bonanza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It does love the wood for sure!
Exactly. If you are going to fire it up fill it up right?
No company just cooking a bunch like usual. I have friends and family I love sharing food with.

I’d have filled it up for you.
jcam222 jcam222 Said- " No company just cooking a bunch like usual. I have friends and family I love sharing food with."

I cook the same way Jeff.
My wife always teases me by saying "which branch of the military will be eating with us tonight"?
I learned to cook from my Sicilian family, when you cook, you cook enough for everyone to leave with more than they ate at supper time or whichever meal was being served at the time.

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the Lang 48 patio that I saw in time on C.L. last month for $1,700 the grates weren't even seasoned and there was no build up inside the smoker or fire box at all like they never used it, and it was only 20 miles from my home. I blew it big time, that was a once in a lifetime deal. The next morning I went to buy it, and it was sold of course. So, so stupid on my part even if I didn't want it ( but I did) I could've flipped it and made money. I know better than to not jump at those deals right away.

That one will haunt me for a long time.

Hey if you get a chance can you please post a picture of the package that those foil pans come in and a top shot of the pan itself.

Alert me to the post if you can please.

You're kill'in it Brah!!!

Thanks a bunch.
Dan

WOW that all looks SO GOOD! Love BBs and all the other sides are over the top. nice work my friend.

Finally the rain went away in Ohio so time to fire up the Lang and smoke some meat. Babybacks, chicken bacon ranch poppers and keto cowboy beans today. I had quite a few babybacks to use up so did 5 racks with my sugar free keto sweet heat rub. Heated things up with 2/3 a bag of B&B oak lump and some greener oak wood I have. Once up to temp switched to some nice seasoned cherry wood I decided to change it up today so I didn’t wrap them but instead spritzed every 45 minutes or so with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water. The results were phenomenal. I won’t waste my time wrapping anymore. I’ll probably make ribs more often now. I always hated messing with wrapping and unwrapping a big batch. I made about 70 ABT’s stuffed with a mix of shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheddar and dry ranch mix then wrapped in bacon. Beans are black soy, bacon, burger, onion and a sugar free sauce with hints of chipotle. This is about my 5th smoke on the new to me vintage 84D, I love it more each time!View attachment 496389View attachment 496390View attachment 496391View attachment 496392View attachment 496393View attachment 496394
Great looking spread. Enough to feed (deliciously) a small army!

Reactions: jcam222
WOW! That pretty well sums it up!
Haha thanks!
Ryan
Awesome looking meal!
I have been craving ABT’s lately & yours sure look good!
Al
Thanks Al. These are pretty good. Next time I will double the amount of dry ranch mix. This is the first time I made enough to last for days even after the giveaways lol
Congrats on the well deserved ride Jeff, looks like a ton of great work there, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray! I can feel in my back I was tending it yesterday for sure.
Oh My---That's an Awful Lot of Mighty Tasty Looking Vittles!!!
Nice Job, Jeff!!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!! Tasty and lots of leftovers.
That all looks phenomenal, nice cook!
Thanks man!
WOW that all looks SO GOOD! Love BBs and all the other sides are over the top. nice work my friend.
Thanks! I’m not a fan of BB’s. These were good but that thick area where there is a lot of loin meat was still dry. Not anymore dry than if I’d have wrapped but dry. I’m all about spares from now on.
Wow ! That's a great cook Jeff . Fun day too .
thanks! It was a nice day smoking and working on the sides. Probably fire it up again this coming weekend to smoke while I stack a load of white oak I have coming.
Great looking spread. Enough to feed (deliciously) a small army!
Thanks! That is is lol. Some satisfied neighbors and family so far.
Wow!! Fantastic cook Jeff!
Thanks Steve! Btw I haven’t forgot that rub, I’m just slow as molasses as my grandma hued to say haha
I wish we were neighbors! Looks delicious!
you’d sure be welcome!
Looks amazing!
Thanks Bill.
Very impressive cook there! My hat's off to you, man.
Appreciate it!!

Man that's a whole lot of goodness right there ! I did my first batch of ABT's yesterday but they looked nothing like yours. Great job !!

Very nice cook! Large cooks like this are always amazing to me......just so much happiness all in one place!

dd0802b4a2955ce359960dda96f32c33.gif

Holy chit Jeff! Nice smoke man! Everything looks absolutely delicious. Congrats on the well deserved ride up in the bright lights!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky