Baby Backs over cherry wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 22, 2009
N. Carolina
First time that I've used cherry for pork. Nice color and smooth, mild smoke taste. I'll be doing this again!

Served up with some fresh corn from down the road, serrano cornbread, beans, and some fermented cherry tomatoes from my garden. No room for dessert tonight!
IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

Great job! Cherry is meant for pork as far as I am concerned, gives the best color. You can mix other wood for flavor but cherry cranks for the color.

Reactions: kelbro and TH-n-PA
It imparts the best color I think, smoke is good to. I run mostly pellet smokers, and tend to stick with hickory and mesquite, on occasion a blend of some sort.

Reactions: kelbro
Cherry by far gives the best smoke color, apple a bit more flavor but less color.

I use a cherry apple mix but now have really settled on a cherry pecan mix in my smokehouse, beautiful color and nice smoke flavor.

Agreed!

Wish I could find pecan around here but I can't complain too much...I have a lot of hickory and white oak on our place.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky