• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baby Backs from Costco

bensonssmoke

Joined Sep 6, 2016
Can anyone confirm for me that Costco Baby Back ribs already have the membrane removed. I only buy the ribs at Costco, and maybe I am realizing now why I can never get a membrane removed.
Help would be appreciated.

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
The ones that I buy at Costco always have the membrane removed. I did read recently where someone had 1 in a batch that had a membrane, but I have never experienced that . I love these baby back loin ribs. They are very meaty and cook up great.

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
No membrane.
Extra loin meat.
$2.99/#.

That's why I use them and why I suggest them all the time.

bensonssmoke

Joined Sep 6, 2016
Thanks Joe.

I did six racks yesterday and expiremented with different rubs, in foil and no foil, etc. Amazingly, I think I made six terrific racks. I gave two racks to my neighbors, kinda my way of saying "sorry you have to smell this every weekend". I had them rested for an hour and brought to them in a towel. I don't know what they expected, but the one neighbor came running over to say how good they were, while his wife called my wife with the same type of comments. Even their teen daughter was heard yelling "oh my gosh!"

My big tip with Costco ribs is to NOT buy racks that are too big/heavy/meaty. I am buying the smaller packs I can find, usually about 7 pounds for the three pack. Costco has most of there packs at 8-9 pounds - lots of meat. But you tend to get two huge racks and one smaller in the middle, so you are managing too many different variables.

Pictures next time. I am still learning the forum.

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Congrats on your rib cook. I'm really glad they turned out well for you.Thumbs Up

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job with the ribs!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.