BABY BACKS AND AMNPS IN MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is one of the reasons I don't use the tray and use the AMNTS(tube) instead.Check out the link in my signature,3rd pic.No need for excess foil and tents,simplicity at its best.

That's fine if you can get the Tube to put out less than too much smoke.
My AMNPS works perfectly with it on my bottom rack. (Gen #2.5)
No matter what I do with a Tube, I get much too much smoke from it.
Been using Amazing Smokers for 9 years.

Bear

That's fine if you can get the Tube to put out less than too much smoke.
My AMNPS works perfectly with it on my bottom rack. (Gen #2.5)
No matter what I do with a Tube, I get much too much smoke from it.
Been using Amazing Smokers for 9 years.

Bear

Using the u-bolt mod(the angle is key) and not pre-drying the pellets makes a huge difference in burn rate and smoke production...that and using the chip loader as an air flow regulator.No issues with being able to control the smoke,nothing but TBS when I use the tube(s).And I use my bottom rack to boot and the tray just takes up room I would use otherwise.

We've had this this conversion before.To each his own and whatever works for you or me or someone else,its all cool.

Norm

Exactly---Why switch from a Winner.

Bear
+1

In a complete aside...is it possible to replace the door gasket on an MES?My buddies gen1 has a major leak in the top right corner and adjusting the door latch no longer seems to help,smoke just pours out thru the that corner.

+1

In a complete aside...is it possible to replace the door gasket on an MES?My buddies gen1 has a major leak in the top right corner and adjusting the door latch no longer seems to help,smoke just pours out thru the that corner.

I wouldn't see why not. I would call Masterbuilt. For the last few years they've been very helpful.

Bear

Where do you put your amnps in the mes30. I have been having to put it on a upper rack, doesn’t fit under the water pan and if I put it on a lower shelf I’ve had juices drip and put it out.
I have an MES 30 known as a hybrid. Picture shows where I placed mine with great success! I also used a small foil pan inverted to keep drippings off of the pellets.
amz-1.jpg
amz-2.jpg

I have an MES 30 known as a hybrid. Picture shows where I placed mine with great success! I also used a small foil pan inverted to keep drippings off of the pellets.

Yup---I can see that working, however I've had better results in my MES 40 on the right side, on the bottom rack, because it's right above the chip dumper. Then I slide the dumper in or out depending on how much air flow I need.
Many people don't like to take up space on the bottom rack, but the bottom rack is too close to the heating element anyway.

Bear

Yup---I can see that working, however I've had better results in my MES 40 on the right side, on the bottom rack, because it's right above the chip dumper. Then I slide the dumper in or out depending on how much air flow I need.
Many people don't like to take up space on the bottom rack, but the bottom rack is too close to the heating element anyway.

Bear
I tried it on that side since my top vent is on the right. I also use the chip loader as an air control!

+1

I bought a replacement gasket from a green egg. Removed the door, put a layer of gasket on the smoker, and a layer on the door. Works great!!

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky