• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

B-B-Q Sauce shelve Life(home made)

graywolf36

Joined Mar 8, 2011
How long can you keep B-B-Q sauce home made, in the refrigerator for.

Thanks

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
We would need to know the ingredients and preperation to give you a real answer but most of the time you could freeze it safely for a few months

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I mostly use Jeff's & it stays fine in the fridge for a few months.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
I mostly use Jeff's, but it never seems to last more than 2 weeks and I have to make another batch  

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Mine is a mostly ketchup/vinegar based concoction and I 'hot pack' in Mason jars. By that I mean the sauce is hot when I put it in hot jars and they seal. Now, I was going to do some commercially a few years back and had to have a food lab test the product. I submitted 3 jars to them. One freshly made, one 6 months old and one a year old just for grins. Lo & behold, the one packed for a year was fine. Now, I don't use any fresh ingredients such as onions or peppers that might be a problem. But with the vinegar and vinegar based ketchup in mine it lasted months with no problem. You should be fine with it holding a few months if you make a huge batch but be on the safe side depending on what you put in it.

graywolf36

Joined Mar 8, 2011
Thanks.  Yes one is Jeff's and the other is the one I been making.  If it is good for a few weeks that fine.  Freezing is a good thought. When I make my Pesto Sauce I freeze some in small containers, I think I will do the same with the B-B-Q Sauce.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.