Awesome Sous Vide Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
I took out a nice chuck roast on Sunday afternoon and placed it in a Sous Vide and let this go at 135° for about 17 hours. I took it out of the SV before work on Monday as I do not like it to be going when I am not home (I am funny like that).

Came home Monday after work and back into the SV to warm up while getting potatoes ready.
Fired up the charcoal Chimney to get a nice sear and cut this up and had a nice dinner. It came out perfectly and that flavor from charring over the coals was fantastic.

Thanks for looking.
Link

Attachments

• 18 hrs SV.jpg
    18 hrs SV.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 80
  • Charing.jpg
    Charing.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Chared.jpg
    Chared.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Perfect.jpg
    Perfect.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Meat and Pot.jpg
    Meat and Pot.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 80
That looks so incredibly good! I have been asking for a sous vide for years now. I guess I’m just going to have to break down and buy one.

Like!!

That looks so incredibly good! I have been asking for a sous vide for years now. I guess I’m just going to have to break down and buy one.

Like!!
I do not use it all the time but I do really like it. Just another weapon in the arsenal. Treat yourself.

Nice looking roast! Which brand of SV do you use? I used to use a few when I worked in a high end restaurant about 8 years ago. Mainly for the veal we would do. They were so big back then. lol

Ive been looking at a few models for almost a year, but have yet to break down and buy one yet.

Nice looking roast! Which brand of SV do you use? I used to use a few when I worked in a high end restaurant about 8 years ago. Mainly for the veal we would do. They were so big back then. lol

Ive been looking at a few models for almost a year, but have yet to break down and buy one yet.

I have the Anova (full size) and have had it for about a year and have not been disappointed.
It has worked perfect for the things I have made.

Looks great Link! Like!
SV is great on Chuck Roast. Great on lots of tougher cuts. Try a Sirloin Tip when you get a chance for about 28 hours at your desired temp.

Weedeater

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky