Avid cook and griller,,, totally new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

breeze900rr

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Madison Al
Hello all, my name is Brian, from northern Alabama. Like the title says I love to cook and grill. Have been wanting an actual smoker for a while and finally broke down and bought a masterbuilt 30" electric smoker and a charbroil offset charcoal grill/smoker to start off with. May upgrade when I get a little more experience.
So far I love what I've seen on this website. Looks like whatever experience I'm lacking can be made up for and more here. So glad I found this site it really is awesome

Good luck,

Two ends of the extreme,  easiest (electric) to hardest (small off-set)    Post up if you have any questions, someone will chime up and give you a hand. 

Welcome Brian!  Have fun learning your equipment and be sure to share all the successes and "lesson's learned" here with your new smokin' friends.  Lots of folks here with your equipment can offer any advice you'll need.

I just checked the weather for northern Alabama.  50F with only a 20% chance of rain.  Hey, go smoke something! 
welcome1.gif
yahoo.gif

Thanx I sure will! My plan is to get some experience with the electric before I even think about firing up the charcoal.

Welcome Brian, like the other folks said if ya have a question just ask as there's usually someone kickin around here that'll have an answer. WHB

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Brian

Welcome to the forum.  You’ll find great, friendly people here.  You’ll also find a ton of info—if you have a question, just ask and you’ll get about 10 answers—all different  LOL  Don’t forget to post qviews

Gary

Howdee Brian and welcome to the board, remember that any day you smoke the weather is always perfect!

when you get a min please take the time to click the above icon "My Profile" and update it. Most importantly the where you hang your hat at night part. Reason? Because even with all the good advise and suggestions you'll see here on the board you need to temper your enthusiasm because what you see may be from a member in another country. It makes a difference in answers and hints and help.

Nice to meet ya and you are going to enjoy smoking as long as you can relax and enjoy it

Remember to keep notes, no stress, and enjoy the smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky