Auber Inst smoker heat controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

knitmar

Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Tampa Bay area, Florida
Just used my new Auber Instruments temperature controller on my Brinkman Trailmaster LE.  I smoked two roaster chickens at 265 degrees for 5 1/2 hours.  

I used the base umit with a 20 cfm fan free option and a high temperature (900 degree) heavy duty probe ($7.00+)  No fan adapter for the BTLE smoker was needed.

It is a very neat and small compact unit with easy to follow instructions for calibration ( wasn't needed) and setting the temperature parameters.  It is equipped with hi-lo alarm but I chose not to use the alarm feature.

I started with about 7-8 lbs Stubbs charcoal and three small pcs of oak and reached target temp in less than twenty minutes.  Unit maintained that temp plus or minus 2 degress ( withe fuel additions about once an hour).  Iused the 732 wireless thermos with the controller for monitoring progress.

Unit costs less than #160.00 plus shipping from Atlanta. To Florida via priority mail was $8+ and two days.

Chicken turned out great. And was very pleased with the performance of all equipment.  Highly recommend this setup for the budget minded smoker.

Hi How is the Auber working.. I was thinking of a controller for my Brinkmanns Smoke N Pit . The pit is some thing like what you have.

I started looking at IQ 110 and the Party Q then I saw the Auber, so now I'm leaning towards the Auber with the 20 cfm fan.

Wish there were more people that use the Auber on there COS. I just don't want to throw $ down the drain.

Thanks Dan

PS How did you install the fan?

I got an auber for Christmas and I love it...im gonna get the 10cfm fan to go along with my 6cfm so that I csn more efficiently smoke at higher temps.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky