Asiaga everything bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
For Christmas my mom gave us a mega basket full of King Arthur baking stuff along with a recipe. It had everything to make the bread along with the stoneware baking bowl . I finally was able to make the recipe today and I have to say it’s damn tasty!

Our house is always cold and I have a hard time proofing bread. I finally bought a proofing element . Big time game changer! Bread proofed perfectly in my proofing box (cheap plastic storage tote).

A5F8AAA6-3103-40A3-B34D-08D5EC1B60FB.jpeg

B74218A9-7EAC-4961-8517-F6E4EA1CA6CD.jpeg

779CD952-93E7-4566-A020-83C15B0096D1.jpeg

7CA15D11-238C-48B6-8E3E-808228358548.jpeg

FEE3B22D-34D5-4644-AF00-2ACB9DF3313D.jpeg

A52F0CD6-5CAB-4030-87C1-A4F9EC43D135.jpeg

805A7AA8-7626-43E2-B4D8-4A5CA20FD8B5.jpeg

Looks great. I like that dough warming heater

Game changer for me. The bread proofed perfectly with our me having to mess around with other methods.

Where did you get it from? We have a colder house too and have the same problems in the winter with proofing.

Where did you get it from? We have a colder house too and have the same problems in the winter with proofing.
Brian I bought it direct from
The seller.
The plastic box that I use is just a cheap tote. I drilled a hole through it for the cord.

you don’t have to use a box, the nice thing though is if you’re doing odd shaped breads that aren’t easy to cover or you don’t want to use plastic wrap etc you can pace a. Up of water in the box and you don’t have to worry about drying out the exposed bread .

here's the link to the mat.

Reactions: bmudd14474
Great looking bread! Cool gadget.

We keep our house at 67F in the winter, but I proof in the oven year round. I put a 9x13 cake pan in the bottom of the oven and pour about a quart of boiling water in it. Oven temp maxes at 95F and drops to 75F in about two hours. Perfect for proofing on mid and upper shelves. If it drops below 75F I just recharge the cake pan with more boiling water.

Still, you can never have enough gadgets. Might have to put one of those on my birthday list!

Great looking bread! Cool gadget.

We keep our house at 67F in the winter, but I proof in the oven year round. I put a 9x13 cake pan in the bottom of the oven and pour about a quart of boiling water in it. Oven temp maxes at 95F and drops to 75F in about two hours. Perfect for proofing on mid and upper shelves. If it drops below 75F I just recharge the cake pan with more boiling water.

Still, you can never have enough gadgets. Might have to put one of those on my birthday list!

tep used that method. There are certain breads and other doughs that we proof that the added moisture from the heated water has I’ll effects on the final product.So yeah more gadgets. Nice thing is this gadget takes up almost no space!

Reactions: noboundaries
Great looking bread!!!
I've been using an old garage sale heating pad that I place the bowl of dough on then set a cardboard box over it. Yeah, I know that's pretty much redneck, but it cost me $4.00 total, and I've been using it for at least 5 yrs now. I set it on low and let it do it's thing.

The bread looks great and the Proof Box is brillant!
pc farmer pc farmer OLD!?!? You ain't old Yet. Even if it feels like it tending the Animals in 20° weather. But then again, just go warm up in that Oven you call your house!☺ 78 is pretty toasty even for these older bones...JJ😂

For a proofing box, I use an old heating pad in a beverage cooler, and a $15 temp controller.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky