Arden brings BBQ indoors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The orig thread:

I have an indoor griddle/grill that has a fan that sucks the smoke from above the cooking, down into the bottom, where a pan of water sits, but that thing doesn't smoke any meat.

My Ninja Smart Grill makes Great food, but it doesn't smoke in my house, and it doesn't smoke meat either.

I doubt you can actually "Smoke Meat" indoors without a sealed unit, vented to the outside, both during & after the Smoking is done.

Just My 2 Piasters,
Bear

I doubt you can actually "Smoke Meat" indoors without a sealed unit, vented to the outside, both during & after the Smoking is done.

Bear
Smoke is a bunch of particles in an air medium and if we can filter down to 1um then it seems to reason we can filter smoke as well.

The pores in an N95 mask are supposed to average about 0.3 um, which filter out most soot and tar particles. But smoke, which is a byproduct of incomplete combustion, also consists of an array of hydrocarbons. These are very difficult to filter out. Wear your N95 mask while cooking and you can still smell the smoke.

The pores in an N95 mask are supposed to average about 0.3 um, which filter out most soot and tar particles. But smoke, which is a byproduct of incomplete combustion, also consists of an array of hydrocarbons. These are very difficult to filter out. Wear your N95 mask while cooking and you can still smell the smoke.
If an N95 mask was their only option they could have shipped it a long time ago. I have a hepa filter in my family room that filters down to .1um.

Thanks but no.Gimmicky BS.

If you're going to smoke foods indoors its with a unit 100% vented to the outdoors.

Reactions: bigfurmn
I've been following those folks for a while. I admire their creativity and innovation. Unless they come up with a combination indoor smoker, mixer, food processor, microwave and convection over, I have no more room on our counter tops. And that doesn't count the espresso machine or all the sausage stuff out in the garage (or the 4 cookers I have outside on the deck).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky