Apple Cider Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WV_Crusader

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 15, 2014
Triadelphia, WV
Time for some ribs today!

Ingredients:

Wild Fork Baby Backs
French’s Mustard for binder
Tacticalories Dead Shot Apple Cider Pork Rub
Lumber Jack Competition Blend Pellets

Removed the membrane and smoking them at 220 doing 3-2-1.

Spritzing every 30 minutes on the first three hours with apple cider.

When I wrap I will add 5 pads of real butter extra rub and just a touch of homemade honey my lodge brother makes.

Looking forward to this greatly as haven’t had ribs in about a year now as I don’t eat BBQ outside home because I enjoy mine better lol.

4E4B6E11-16DC-4D7E-9984-9465649E07F2.jpeg
62957B51-6FA7-4776-B3DB-76465A227E29.jpeg
9CC00492-D7D8-4C25-B151-4C6B752ABF7E.jpeg

Those look ready and raring to go!

When it comes to pork I have had Wild Forks TenderLoins with great success, but not their ribs. How did they turn out? Were you happy with the results?

Reactions: WV_Crusader
Those look ready and raring to go!

When it comes to pork I have had Wild Forks TenderLoins with great success, but not their ribs. How did they turn out? Were you happy with the results?
Never had their ribs yet, but I’ve had tons of stuff from them and everything has been perfect and beyond! Really looking forward to these!

Reactions: JLeonard
Do you get good adherence of rub with spritzing every 30 min? I've tried in the past, and the rub comes right off when I wrap them. I wonder if its rub dependent, or temp dependent...but I've tried temps 180-275 to get the rub to set. Really looking forward to see your final product!!

Great start and I'm in for the 1-2-3 in reverse, lol ( ribs any day anytime for me )

Have not seen that Dead Shot Apple Cider Pork Rub, interesting, cant wait to hear what you think of it .

David
I’m a huge fan of it, been using this rub for maybe 2 years now and it’s all I will use on pork!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Do you get good adherence of rub with spritzing every 30 min? I've tried in the past, and the rub comes right off when I wrap them. I wonder if it’s rub dependent, or temp dependent...but I've tried temps 180-275 to get the rub to set. Really looking forward to see your final product!!
I spritz lightly as to make sure the rub can set properly. Never had the rub brake off when I wrapped, that’s different.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky