Appetizer ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Good morning folks.
Pardon me if this is already been posted. But I was thinking a thread with appetizer ideas for Christmas day would be a neat way to share regional recipes.
For me. It'll be:
Shrimp cocktails. With jumbo shrimp. And the zesty cocktail sauce made by Wegmans.
And one of my favorite snacks. Stuffed pickled Jalapenos

PC220062.jpg

Simple to make. And addictive little suckers.

And I'll be making my olive relish to get served on celery or toasted bread.
Muffaletta Olive Relish | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

More to follow!

Shrimp Cocktail here too. Not going fancy, though, I am considering doing half the shrimp Hawaiian Scampi Style.
Steve, looking at your Olive Relish, reminded me of an App' my MIL made. She blended a similar Olive mix into Cream Cheese for a Spread on Toasted Baguette, in Finger Sandwiches, or on Crackers. I stole leftovers for a Breakfast Bagel Schmear!...JJ

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Pickled Herring, smoked trout, and deviled eggs with anchovies here.

Chris

Reactions: Johnny Ray
My wife does little bacon wrapped chunks of chicken dusted with my keto rub. Not sure if dips are fair game but be always have buffalo chicken dip and a Reuben dip. For guests we usually also do bacon wrapped water chestnuts in a sweet sauce based on ketchup and grape jelly.

My favorite, easy, fast treat is something I started back in my bar hopping days:
I started it, by getting a "Baker's Dozen" U-Peel-um Shrimp to go, when it was time to head home.
Then I'd Peel them real quick when I got home, put them in a bowl, add a couple chunks of butter, and Nuke them until the Butter Melts.
To me that tastes just like Lobster Tail, and is a lot cheaper!!

I still do it now & then, but sometimes I put them in a Hot Pan with butter instead.
I love them both ways!!

Bear

We are big fans of dips and spreads....not really just an appetizer more like snack stuff that you can snack on all day. One of my favorite easy ones is baked brie. Cut in half and spread pepper jelly inside...put back together and wrap with cresant dough. Bake and serve.......actually Steve this would be a good app with your bacon jam instead of the pepper jelly!

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Smoked spiced nuts, deviled ham eggs, apple smoked extra sharp cheese, pickled Amish eggs, Hammie stix, hot tamale queso dip! Grapes, strawberries, and cheese straws/rosettes !! No southerners appetizer tray is complete without the old fashion cheese straws! And just started enjoying a bottle of really good, home made muscadine wine! Hmmmm..... maybe some crawfish boudin balls

That sounds real good Steve. If you make it make sure you post up.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky