AP: DALLAS, TX.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The thing about Texas is, even if our cowboys have a down year, we're still Texan and you're still not, and that in and of itself suffices to settle the argument...
biggrin.gif

Now, I just have to figure out a way to get out of Dallas...this place is overrun with folks who think they're in L.A....

A seven year old Dallas County boy with a history of being beaten by his parents had custody awarded to his aunt.

During the process, the boy surprised the court when he refused to live with her saying she beat him more than his parents. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys because they are not capable of beating anyone.

A seven year old Dallas County boy with a history of being beaten by his parents had custody awarded to his aunt.

During the process, the boy surprised the court when he refused to live with her saying she beat him more than his parents. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys because they are not capable of beating anyone.
Don't pick on them JoJo, They're becoming very good losers.

They went down Sunday night without so much as a whimper.

And the Cowboy hate continues.

Our current quarterback may be old enough to be a grandpa, but he isn't a dog killer and a recent convict. I don't hate very often, but I have zero tolerance for people who abuse women, children, or dogs. The fact that the Eagles employ him proves their lack of class. Yeah, go ahead and defend that he "paid his debt to society". Vick's presence will be shameful forever, and will always tarnish that eagle, regardless of his performance.

Also, you can attend a game at Cowboy Stadium and not have to worry about being slammed with a snowball wrapped around a battery, as Jimmy Johnson once was in cheesesteak city. Philadelphia fans are shameless. The City Of Brotherly Shove....

now that's funny!

Our current quarterback may be old enough to be a grandpa, but he isn't a dog killer and a recent convict. I don't hate very often, but I have zero tolerance for people who abuse women, children, or dogs. The fact that the Eagles employ him proves their lack of class. Yeah, go ahead and defend that he "paid his debt to society". Vick's presence will be shameful forever, and will always tarnish that eagle, regardless of his performance.
 one of the few times i will agree with a dallas fan.............

Well said.

Lance Rentzel:

After playing college football  at the University of Oklahoma, Rentzel was drafted  in the second round of the 1965 NFL Draft  by the Vikings. The prime of his career was spent with the Cowboys, with whom he played in the "Ice Bowl," scoring a fourth quarter, go-ahead touchdown, and Super Bowl V. Over nine NFL seasons, he accumulated 4,826 yards receiving, 196 yards rushing, and 1,000 yards returning puntsand kickoffs. He also had a perfect passer rating, by virtue of his lone pass attempt being completed for a 58-yard touchdown.

In November 1970, Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself  to a 10-year-old girl in University Park, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. His wife, singer/actress, Joey Heatherton, divorced him shortly thereafter. Four years earlier he had a similar incident at a playground in Minnesota, when playing for the Vikings, but was charged with disorderly conduct  in exchange for promising to attend therapy. He was subsequently traded to the Dallas Cowboys.   

Lance Rentzel:

After playing college football  at the University of Oklahoma, Rentzel was drafted  in the second round of the 1965 NFL Draft  by the Vikings. The prime of his career was spent with the Cowboys, with whom he played in the "Ice Bowl," scoring a fourth quarter, go-ahead touchdown, and Super Bowl V. Over nine NFL seasons, he accumulated 4,826 yards receiving, 196 yards rushing, and 1,000 yards returning puntsand kickoffs. He also had a perfect passer rating, by virtue of his lone pass attempt being completed for a 58-yard touchdown.

In November 1970, Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself  to a 10-year-old girl in University Park, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. His wife, singer/actress, Joey Heatherton, divorced him shortly thereafter. Four years earlier he had a similar incident at a playground in Minnesota, when playing for the Vikings, but was charged with disorderly conduct  in exchange for promising to attend therapy. He was subsequently traded to the Dallas Cowboys.   
All true Bear, but he was HATED by the local folks, and had to hide his head (did I actually say that?) whenever off the field. And, if you'd given the due diligence to continue to copy the Wiki, it would have shown everyone that he had played for the Rams afterward for a longer period than the Cowboys. 

Lance Rentzel:

All true Bear, but he was HATED by the local folks, and had to hide his head (did I actually say that?) whenever off the field. And, if you'd given the due diligence to continue to copy the Wiki, it would have shown everyone that he had played for the Rams afterward for a longer period than the Cowboys. 
Yeah I know,

That proves my point that there are bad-arses in every big city, like our more stupid fans with the batteries in the snow. In case you didn't know it, not many real Eagle fans liked that either. And as for Vick, before I knew where he was going, I thought he should get another chance. The Cowboys had Michael Ervin who used to snort the 50 yard line before the game, and the Giants had the great "T", who was probably high for most games. I'm not picking on the Giants either, just showing ignorance is in many places.

So I didn't care who got Vick. He was brought up in a bad way & hung around with people that did terrible things with dogs, and he was too stupid to know how wrong it was. He lost everything he owned and did more time than people that did a lot worse things. All he had left was his athletic ability, and he is using it. He is also doing a heck of a lot of community service to try to make amends, but he will never get everyone to like him, especially those who he helps defeat on the playing field. He is not the only reason the Eagles are as good as they are. They were winning with Kolb too. Jackson is a much bigger asset than Vick, and Vick wouldn't do shat without the line doing their job as good as they have been doing. Plus it isn't only the Eagles who are beating Dallas. They're having a bad year---Big deal. You can't have the best team every year. You guys got more championships than nearly all teams. Don't blame a bad season on one Ex-Con who isn't exactly a Rhodes Scholar. Lighten up---The Cowboys will be back before long.

I would not have even replied to your post, had you not said how you "hate" him, and criticized a whole city for a couple of idiots' actions. I used to work on cell phone sites in Philly at night, and there are places in that city that we really didn't want to be at night, but I would bet all large cities have those places, and a lot of bad people---not just Philly.

LOL--When we got work orders from Sprint, they used to email the directions to the sites, and some of them, for the bad sections of the city said, "This is a two man site after 10 PM---Advise you carry!"

When they do the studies on "Worst places to live" I don't think Philly comes up on the worst 20. Dallas probably doesn't either.

Later,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky