Anyone Use The AMNS For Cold Smoking?

Discussion in 'Pellet Smokers' started by daricksta, Jan 12, 2018.

1. daricksta

daricksta Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Todd's got the 6x6 AMNS on sale and I'm interested in buying it for cold smoking. I've used the AMNPS for years but too much Dust falls through the bottom. Is this less of a problem with the AMNS? Todd's description is that it's designed for cold smoking but I want to make sure it keeps dust loss to a minimum--or just about none--before I buy it.

2. biaviian

biaviian Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I am almost positive that the dust comes out less with the dust smoker but I haven't compared side by side.

3. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That can only happen if the holes are smaller in diameter with the AMNS, yes?

4. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Once you fill it with dust and light it... There's no way dust will be lost..

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have both & just went out & looked & the holes appear to be the same size in both.
    But I have never had a problem with the dust falling thru the bottom, except when I load it up.
    After loading it I tap it a few times on the table & everything that is going to come out, comes out.
    From then on after lighting it & putting it in the smoker, nothing drops out thru the bottom.
    Al

6. daricksta

daricksta Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thank you all for your replies. I'm ordering it today.