Anyone Use The AMNS For Cold Smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daricksta

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2012
Seattle, WA
Todd's got the 6x6 AMNS on sale and I'm interested in buying it for cold smoking. I've used the AMNPS for years but too much Dust falls through the bottom. Is this less of a problem with the AMNS? Todd's description is that it's designed for cold smoking but I want to make sure it keeps dust loss to a minimum--or just about none--before I buy it.

I have both & just went out & looked & the holes appear to be the same size in both.
But I have never had a problem with the dust falling thru the bottom, except when I load it up.
After loading it I tap it a few times on the table & everything that is going to come out, comes out.
From then on after lighting it & putting it in the smoker, nothing drops out thru the bottom.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky