Anyone have any idea what this smoker is??? (picture) Please HELP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travisty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
someone selling this smoker on a local site. Claiming they got it off a competition team. Anyway, they aren't sure what it is and neither am I. This is the only picture they have up for it and no other description. Want to know if its worth anything???

It looks like it could just be a custom build, also strange that the fire box likes 2X the size of the chamber. Looks to be a stick burner, but hard to tell otherwise. person is only asking $20.00 for it, it looks well built for the most part

Last edited:
Trying to figure out if it is just some random homemade thing, or if its an actual "name brand" smoker. Even for just $20 and a drive a couple towns away, it wouldn't be worth it unless its worth something (money, or smoke quality)

Already tried. The guy got back and just said basically "it's $20, if you want it come get it" and dint want to get me any more info

For 20 bucks and if it close, I would get it just because.

I'm gonna pry the guy again a bit, see if I can get anything out of him.
It would be about an hour 10 minute drive each way, and I don't have a lot of free time, so want to try to make sure I'd be able to do something with is. Especially since my wife is already a bit unenthusiastic about the number of smokers I've aquired.
It looks well built, but also like it might be aluminum, or a really thin sheet metal. Some weird overlapping, and like I said, almost like it's missing it's cooking chamber, like that red box is just some mid way chamber or something.
Anyway, I'll let y'all know if I find anything else out

The guy finally responded and basically said that there aren't any markings or brand that he can see. He also said that it looks like there are meat racks in both Chambers??? Specifically that the racks looked like grill grate that had meat cooked on them in both chambers, which is just strange.also the red chamber is as small as it looks at only about a foot square.
Anyway, I think I'll probably just pass on it not worth driving a couple hour round trip for in my situation.

The guy finally responded and basically said that there aren't any markings or brand that he can see. He also said that it looks like there are meat racks in both Chambers??? Specifically that the racks looked like grill grate that had meat cooked on them in both chambers, which is just strange.also the red chamber is as small as it looks at only about a foot square.
Anyway, I think I'll probably just pass on it not worth driving a couple hour round trip for in my situation.
Good call.  There's no exhaust, unless we can't see it, or the exhaust is that unsealed seam at the top of the red section.  Looks like somebody make it out of file cabinets.  $20 + $30 in gas, nah. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky