Anyone else having issues with TSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I ordered last Friday and it’s out for delivery today. Seems reasonable. I was hesitant to order because they have a big presence but not a lot of great press. I gambled and it turned out OK for me. Will probably look for a source with better press for next order.

Good to have multiple options anyway.

Jbo

I ordered last Friday and it’s out for delivery today. Seems reasonable. I was hesitant to order because they have a big presence but not a lot of great press. I gambled and it turned out OK for me. Will probably look for a source with better press for next order.

Good to have multiple options anyway.

Jbo
They all take more time to ship now a days with the pandemic and the Xmas rush overloading their capabilities. TSM has the good prices and they periodically offer free shipping with no purchase limit unlike the other companies and a % off the entire order. Get on these companies mailing list and they will send you promotions , then you can compare the deals to see who has the best price. Some of the seasonings they sell are generic so they will be the same as the other's but some are their original mix's . As you say it's good to shop around and have multiple outlets for supplies.

I've been using them for years , never any trouble . Now days I go thru Amazon to order from TSM because I have prime .

Reactions: DanMcG
This week, I placed small orders with Walton's (fibrous casings and cold phosphate), Butcher-Packer (misc ingredients/additives and bacon hooks), Smokehouse Chef (SS stuffing tubes for my #8 grinder), Syracuse Casings (hog), and TSM (19mm clear collagen casings).

*Walton's, BP, and Smokehouse Chef shipped the same day
*Syracuse Casings apparently doesn't seem to have any way of showing the status/tracking of your order (at least none that I can find)
*TSM is still showing processing (order placed Tuesday)

I'll admit I'm a bit uncomfortable with Syracuse Casings because of the inability to check/track orders, but they seem to be well-reviewed here, so I'll reserve my judgement on them.

As for TSM, I've ordered from them before ( a couple of years ago) and it went fast and smooth as silk then, so I'll chalk this up to COVID...I hope.

I ordered some ECA on the 14th... haven't heard anything from them yet ... was hoping it would get here Mon/Tue as I am gonna make sticks for gifts ...

Dan, I recently placed an order and received it quickly. I did have an problem with a product last summer which was never resolved, seems like the company had outsourced their consumer complaint folks to India ?

Reactions: DanMcG
Well after 2 weeks patiently waiting, I get 4 emails saying the order has shipped and I'll receive it today. I guess lesson learned, don't order anytime around the holidays.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky