Any Vision Icon users? Opinions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve C.

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2021
Rotonda West, Florida
Looking to retire my large WSM - it's seen much better days. Thinking of a Vision Icon Series 400 with the gas insert. Anyone have any experience or opinions on them? To me, the vent system looks better than the Egg and I do like the LP option. I could see that used periodically.

Don’t know much about them, but do look interesting. I would offer that the grates look pretty close to the size of my BGE-L (19 vs 18) and that is about my only complaint ... would have liked a larger diameter of area directly over the deflector.

Reactions: Steve C.
Agree but there's only 2 of us.... maybe 4 so I think I'll be good. The WSM does have the two racks so I do still have some "pondering" to do....

For me, not so much the capacity per se ... but the ends of a full rack (let alone a packer) hang over the unprotected gap outside the deflector and the ends get overdone. But no prob with other sizes/shapes.

Reactions: Steve C.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky