1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Any new Michigan Members?

Discussion in 'Michigan Members Group' started by Rings Я Us, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Megacannon

Megacannon Newbie

Hi! Just joined the forums today after reading a bunch of posts in preparation for getting my Smoke Vault. I'm in the Jackson area and work in Ann Arbor. Might move back to Metro Detroit one day; who knows.

My first smoke was a success: hickory smoked chicken thighs. Juicy as hell with nice, sweet, hickory flavor. The best chicken thighs I've ever made.
    59285460_903734579421_8115517662739562496_o.jpg

2. Carpenter Gary

Carpenter Gary Smoke Blower

Welcome megacannon,lots of great guys on the site and lots of knowledge, feel free to post questions in the forums someone will probably have a answer.Im north of Lansing in a small town called Elsie

3. ponzLL

ponzLL Fire Starter

Hey all, Commerce area here. Just joined yesterday.

Currently have a Masterbuilt propane, I think 30 or 40. Can't remember which one. I love the thing, but it's starting to rust out pretty back. Looking at replacing it with a Smokin-it #2D Wifi or #3D. Something I can leave outside with a cover all year, let cook without much supervision, and something that'll let me smoke in the rain or snow!

fivetricks likes this.
  4. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Hello from Flint! I work in and around Commerce twp.

I think what you're looking for is called an Ugly Drum Smoker. Check it out.

5. AnnArbor

AnnArbor Newbie

Just registered after browsing for years. Caught the bug about 10 years ago to smoke brisket and been trying ever since. Started with Smokey Joe electric "smoker", then upgraded to a Weber kettle, then Weber Performer, then added a Smoke n Sear and a Party Q, then took a big leap up to a Rectec then Memphis Pro. Just sold the Mephis because it just didn't smoke enough and now looking at Mak or Kamado Joe. I think I enjoy experimenting as much as eating. Anyone have a Mak in SE Michigan?

fivetricks likes this.
  6. rjbachli

rjbachli Newbie

I joined some time back but just started posting. Im in Ann Arbor

7. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome ponzLL. Thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing more good cooks and Qview.

-Humdinger

Welcome AnnArbor. No Mak here, but I've had my eye on the ceramic type cookers for some time. Good Luck and keep smokin'.

Welcome rjbachli Thanks for joining! Go Green! ;-) jk

ponzLL likes this.
  8. tshobbes

tshobbes Newbie

Hmmm...not sure I ever posted here. In the Kalamazoo area. Started smoking when I got an electric smoker for Christmas 2017. Upgraded to a Camp Chef pellet smoker just before Thanksgiving 2018. Hello all!

fivetricks and humdinger like this.
  9. Welcome to the forum. There's a great bunch of folks here and mouth watering recipes. I too have a pellet pooper just down the road in Hartford.

humdinger likes this.
  10. epwillis

epwillis Newbie

Been lurking for a few weeks and finally decided to join after all the great posts I found on here, I am in Canton and just got my first smoker a MES 340G. Smoked my first pork butt this past weekend and it turned out great! Plan on doing ribs this weekend.

Attached Files:

humdinger likes this.
  11. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Hobbes! Sounds you're moving up quickly in the smoking world.....Thanks for checking in and I'll keep an eye out for more cooks from you.

Yeah lurking on this site is like going to see new puppies "just to look..." ;-)
    It'll hook you every time! Welcome to the MI group and thanks for saying hello. Holler with any questions. Happy smokin'.

12. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to everyone from Flint-ish :-) !