Any new Michigan Members?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Westland. Moved here from Texas a couple years ago. Had a small offset smoker that I had to wrap in welding blankets to keep hot in February! Recently purchased a 40-inch Masterbuilt propane smoker. Ribs and brisket on the menu this weekend!

Westland. Moved here from Texas a couple years ago. Had a small offset smoker that I had to wrap in welding blankets to keep hot in February! Recently purchased a 40-inch Masterbuilt propane smoker. Ribs and brisket on the menu this weekend!

Glad to have ya. Hope your smoker does a good job for years to come..
I'm in Taylor not far.. take care and stay in touch with everyone if you have time..

Reactions: txkels
19C37CE9-BF63-4CE2-8100-46E701615CE9.jpeg
83727130-3521-4619-AFA0-EDADC8031D8E.jpeg
This forum is set up a little differently from the others on quoting..but heres a few cooks for the past month

Hello everyone, just registered. Im in the st clair shores area, and am a beginner to smoking. I have a simple smoker/grill with an offset on the side. Looking to learn more and get better! My next purchase Im looking to make is finding a barrel to make a burn barrel with.

Welcome woody! Glad to have so many new members in the Michigan forum. I have been out of town for work most of the spring and summer, but when I get home I will keep an eye out for a barrel for you.

Thanks, man! I myself have been out on the road for awhile for work also. Itching to go back home and do some BBQ and drink some Oberon. Given all the great resources MI has available, Im sad that MI isnt on the map for BBQ and Ive been all over the country trying various regions styles and flavors.

Just registered on this forum after getting the bug this weekend. Parts and pieces on order to modify the ECB that was in the corner of the shed. First smoke in a couple of weekends, and looking forward to it.

Chuck in Holly, MI

Another new guy from the GR area. Currently have 2 racks of baby backs in my OJK Highland. Just bought 2 weeks ago and learning how to stick smoke. Coming from an LP Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite, a big difference in technique and approach.

Another new guy from the GR area. Currently have 2 racks of baby backs in my OJK Highland. Just bought 2 weeks ago and learning how to stick smoke. Coming from an LP Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite, a big difference in technique and approach.

Welcome Danno,
I’m located between lansing and GR and use a highland religiously day least till my new smoker comes in.. give me a shout if you need any tips

Reactions: Danno44
Hello.

Brandon from the Mount Morris area. I run a small MES30/mailbox at home and I have a block pit I run elsewhere. Looking to move into bigger units at home here.

Am wondering if I might not live just down the road from Eric who posted above. Seems that I've seen something like what he described in his area lol

Hey all!

I'm out here in Saline. I've been curing/drying whole muscle charcuterie for a few years now and just got a grinder about a year ago - since then I've been doing a lot of reading here on the forums trying to up my sausage game and have been picking up plenty of helpful tips. A few weeks ago I figured it was about time to finally sign up. Happy to be here!

Hey all!

I'm out here in Saline. I've been curing/drying whole muscle charcuterie for a few years now and just got a grinder about a year ago - since then I've been doing a lot of reading here on the forums trying to up my sausage game and have been picking up plenty of helpful tips. A few weeks ago I figured it was about time to finally sign up. Happy to be here!
Hey Brian! Welcome.
Sounds like you are well on your way so good luck and be sure to post pics of any curing or smoking "projects" you have going.

Take care.
-Kurt

Re-registered as a new member, lost my old email and not able to get in under old name Cashew. Been away for a few years, but still smoking whenever I can. MES finally died, not sure if I can bring her back a 3rd time. On the fence about having to get a new one, haven't told the boss lady yet. Had to finish a load of ABT's in the oven, heaven forbid I have to put the Turkey in as well. Just read up on the Fatty contest, sounds like fun. A few years back took a BBQ class with my youngest son and had the best day rubbing elbows with other meat smokers. Glad to be back on SMF.
John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky