1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Any new Michigan Members?

Discussion in 'Michigan Members Group' started by Rings Я Us, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey John! Yes the fatty contest was a hit. Always a fun way to spend the day. Glad you found your way back to SMF, and the MI members group! Take care and see you around the forum!

2. Hello everyone, new member here from Northern Michigan, thought I would introduce myself. I've always been a big griller and did a little bit of smoking using my Weber charcoal grill but it was tricky to keep everything just right. This year I decided to get a propane smoker and bought a Smoke Vault. So far I am pleased with it and my first few smokes have turned out fantastic. My primary goal was to create more out of my venison than just the typical steak and burger, along with smoking up the bbq classics of course. I look forward to learning and creating. Heres a few samples of my first smokes.
    Venison brats with 20% pork
    20181127_220645.jpg

Backstrap marinated in butter and garlic and wrapped in bacon 20181128_153631.jpg

20181128_182117.jpg

And finally, Some 70/30 venison/pork snack sticks with jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
    20181128_210551.jpg

3. That all looks simply awesome..

Drool.

Pestilentchild likes this.
  4. bruster

bruster Fire Starter

89A8ACB4-A2C7-4436-BBE1-CC03AE01C4FB.jpeg
    It very well could have been me! I lived off linden in between Stanley/mt morris

I now live in MS though!

5. That's not where the house I'm talking about is, but funny enough, I kid you not, I live on linden between Stanley and mt Morris! :)

6. bruster

bruster Fire Starter

Was it down MT Morris? I lived at 7207..you had to see the smoker out front at some point in time

7. Nah it was on linden up by Vienna. Right accross from menards

I just moved to this address october of '17.

8. bruster

bruster Fire Starter

Yup I know where you’re talking about