Any Good Suggestions for Books on Smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used the Helen's. Dead serious, zero heat after cooking. I have not seen any explanation proving how but I think the capsaicin is released maybe through evaporation of the oil. In that thread the jerk marinade of chef jimmyj chef jimmyj is WAY HOT (and I like hot) but once cooked contains zero heat. Crazy.

While Chile Capsaicin is Heat Stable, when heating Chopped, Minced or Pureed Chiles in Sauces or Marinades, Capsaicin levels can drop as the Oils are carried away by Steam. Start frying a freshly made moist Thai Curry Paste or the very spicy Indian Phaal Curry and you are likely to begin Coughing and your eyes start to Burn. Indian Chefs often choose to wear Respirators when preparing the hottest types of Phall. This burning sensation is from escaping Capsaicin so the Heat of the final cooked food will be reduced proportionally to the amount of Capsaicin lost...JJ

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky