Another use of the bacon weave - The BLTC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chris that’s a damn fine use for a bacon weave!! That looks amazing. Our tomatoes should be coming on soon and I just got about 18 lbs of bacon with the hog I bought. I can see a lot of bacon and tomato coming.

Looks fantastic Chris. Great use of the weave, and further perfecting an already perfect sandwich.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Yes it’s very epic a better description would be phenomenal!!!!

Phenomenal is another great descriptive, but epic reminds me of the old batman television show. I can see it flashing across the screen after batman narrowly escapes one of the jokers devious schemes.

Chris that taking a BLT to the next level. Looks pretty dang tasty!

Appreciate that Civil and for the like. That's what this forum is about - always taking a known and improving it, or giving it an added twist.

Chris

Reactions: civilsmoker
Chris that’s a damn fine use for a bacon weave!! That looks amazing. Our tomatoes should be coming on soon and I just got about 18 lbs of bacon with the hog I bought. I can see a lot of bacon and tomato coming.

Thanks Jeff for the compliment and like, these tomatoes, and lettuce weren't ours. We don't garden anymore. Our neighbor has a big garden and she gave us a bunch of produce. Wow 18lbs should last you a spell. BLTs are the best this time of year with fresh produce.

Yummy!
Looks danged good Chris, a delicious sammie, hell yeah.

Thanks John, With the heat we've been seeing here. This was the perfect meal.

Chris

• Sad
Reactions: Fueling Around
Looks fantastic Chris. Great use of the weave, and further perfecting an already perfect sandwich.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Appreciate the kind words and like Mike. I love making the weave and am always looking for ways to use it in other dishes. I've still got a couple of more ideas in my head. So stay tuned....

Chris

That's one serious looking BLT Chris. I did one similar Thursday evening but added smoked ham and smoked turkey along with the bacon then served them on homemade Southwest style potato bread...oh and lots of melted cheddar

008.jpg

013.jpg

Kind of a massive club sandwich if you will but they sure were good!! Love your idea of the bacon weave though. That's impressive without a doubt. Great job and a big LIKE buddy!!

Robert

Oh man! I'd tear that up. Love a BLT especially with a right off the vine 'mater.

Thank you J appreciate the like and compliment, They didn't last to long. I'm really lucky to have one neighbor whose always hanging a bag of fresh produce on our fence for us, and another who has a roadside veggie stand - that sells hers for dirt cheap. My wife has a grape vine and we supply them with concord grapes when they ripen.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
That's one serious looking BLT Chris. I did one similar Thursday evening but added smoked ham and smoked turkey along with the bacon then served them on homemade Southwest style potato bread...oh and lots of melted cheddar

View attachment 456685
View attachment 456686

Kind of a massive club sandwich if you will but they sure were good!! Love your idea of the bacon weave though. That's impressive without a doubt. Great job and a big LIKE buddy!!

Robert

Club sammies now you're talking my language, and that's one fine example right there. I posted a Monte Christo a year or two back with some double smoked ham and smoke turkey breast. I got the bread crisp, but not toasty brown like I wanted. It still tasted most excellent. Thanks for the compliment and like. Appreciate them.

Here's a link if your interested:

Chris

Great idea. Got to try that. I will just ad some brown sugar on the bacon.

Sounds like a great idea. I've added pepper before and it was good.

Chris

That’s a great looking blt Chris! You’re right, there’s no better time to enjoy one than right now at the height of tomato season.

Love the weave idea since the bacon stays in the sandwich!

Damn good looking sandwich Chris! Few PBR's to wash it down and that's a hell of a meal!

Much appreciated John for both the like and compliment, PBRs and anything make a good combo, but a BLT with fresh produce goes above and beyond.

That’s a great looking blt Chris! You’re right, there’s no better time to enjoy one than right now at the height of tomato season.

Love the weave idea since the bacon stays in the sandwich!
Our season is so short here. You have to jump on the opportunity when you can, and boy am I glad I did. Thanks for the kind words and like xray appreciate them.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky