Another newcomer - a transplanted cajun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunbulldog

Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Meridian, MS
Hello, all.  My name is Ken and my handle for this forum is Cajun Bulldog.  I was born in South Louisiana and I love to cook!  I am living in east Mississippi with my wife of 17 years and 3 beautiful kids - two girls and a boy.

I have boiled many pounds of crawfish and have worn out several grills in the last few decades, but I have only been smoking meats occasionally for the last ten years or so.  I have been using a basic dept store smoker for several years now and want to kick my skill level up several notches, eventually leading to commercial production of specialty meats and sausages. This site is perfect for a newbie like me to learn at the feet of the masters. 

I look forward to reading the past threads and asking questions along the way.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Man you came to the right place! By the way I love cajun cooking, so you can throw out a recipe every now & then for us to try.

welcome1.gif

You'll love it here. These guys are masters of the pit. I've learned a ton.

By the way Al, shouldn't you be keeping an eye on that smoker. LOL.

Hey, welcome to the SMF....sounds like you already know your way around some good chow. Love the Cajun style myself so feel free to share some secrets of the Bayous. I had the wonderful good fortune to spend a week in New Orleans on four different occasions and loved every minute of it.

Welcome to SMF!!!

At least your only in Mississippi, you can still get the good seasonings and ingrediants needed for some down home cajun food.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky