Another newbie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thatnatureguy

Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Hey guys and gals. My name is Tony. I have researched the forums here NUMEROUS times and decided to join. There are obviously a plethora of well-qualified smokers lurking in these parts and I intend on soaking in what I can. Fact is, use an internet search on smoking and a guaranteed top-5 appearance for smokingmeatforums is waiting. That says quite a bit about the stock outsiders take in your knowledge.

As for who I am, I will give a quick shake-down of who I am and what I do. Please don't take what I list as bragging OR complaining; isn't intended for either. This is only to give you a view into who I am, personality and background. I find this information helps in knowing how to reply sometimes.

As stated, my name is Tony. I am 36 years-old and a married man to my beautiful wife Jess. I have 2 boys, ages 4 and 2. I am pretty much the do-it-all outdoorsman, from hiking to hunting and the in-between. I have been in law enforcement, local through federal, since 1999.  I'm a jack-of-all, which means I've perfected nothing, except loving life. My way of making decisions defines the term spontaneous. I can't tell you the last thing I planned. I'm easy going, but will defend what I believe in. I always respect the opinions of others, but admittedly, I can't always see where common sense applies in the thoughts of others. Regardless, people and there perspectives on things keep my interest peaked.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and soaking in the good stuff.

Tony

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks for the welcome! When posting, I guess I could've made a better effort in explaining my smoking habits. I thoroughly enjoy trying new sausage recipes and smoking pork butts. My equipment includes, pretty much all of, the Realtree line of Weston meat processing products. My smoker is a Bradley 6-shelf electric smoker, in which I added an additional heating element, internal fan and is heat-controlled by a Auber Instruments PID controller. I went this route because 2 kids and the numerous projects I keep my hands in prevents me from babysitting a man's smoker, lol. 

Hey guys and gals. My name is Tony. I have researched the forums here NUMEROUS times and decided to join. There are obviously a plethora of well-qualified smokers lurking in these parts and I intend on soaking in what I can. Fact is, use an internet search on smoking and a guaranteed top-5 appearance for smokingmeatforums is waiting. That says quite a bit about the stock outsiders take in your knowledge.

As for who I am, I will give a quick shake-down of who I am and what I do. Please don't take what I list as bragging OR complaining; isn't intended for either. This is only to give you a view into who I am, personality and background. I find this information helps in knowing how to reply sometimes.

As stated, my name is Tony. I am 36 years-old and a married man to my beautiful wife Jess. I have 2 boys, ages 4 and 2. I am pretty much the do-it-all outdoorsman, from hiking to hunting and the in-between. I have been in law enforcement, local through federal, since 1999.  I'm a jack-of-all, which means I've perfected nothing, except loving life. My way of making decisions defines the term spontaneous. I can't tell you the last thing I planned. I'm easy going, but will defend what I believe in. I always respect the opinions of others, but admittedly, I can't always see where common sense applies in the thoughts of others. Regardless, people and there perspectives on things keep my interest peaked.

I look forward to chatting with all of you and soaking in the good stuff.

Tony
Welcome from a brother in blue. (Ret 1*)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky