Another Greek Marvel. . .Avgolemono!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do not use brown rice. Long grain white rice will work just fine. Make sure you use original Uncle Ben's (Now called Ben's Original to please all the political correct idiots.)

Orzo works great also,

John
Thank you. We're really looking forward to our dinner tonight. It will be this soup as a side to your kebabs.

Robert,

Thank you for the kind words.

Family recipes to some people are considered sacred and kept secret. To me, if they are indeed any good they should be shared. After all, if it weren't for people sharing their recipes we would still be eating bland, same old- same old.

And yes, that was a grilled ham and cheese sandwich which complimented the soup.

Take care my friend,

John

Ham and cheese sandwich? I thought that was called "toast" in Greece?

At least, that's what they brought me when I ordered a side of toast with my eggs for breakfast at the Hagiati Hotel in Edessa (visited in 2017). They were confused about my wife's request for syrup (she ordered French Toast, which came as we expected). They brought us chocolate and caramel ice cream syrup! lol

You are right, the Greeks are wonderful people and their food is delicious! Thank you for sharing a few authentic recipes, we will definitely be trying them out!

Ham and cheese sandwich? I thought that was called "toast" in Greece?

At least, that's what they brought me when I ordered a side of toast with my eggs for breakfast at the Hagiati Hotel in Edessa (visited in 2017). They were confused about my wife's request for syrup (she ordered French Toast, which came as we expected). They brought us chocolate and caramel ice cream syrup! lol

You are right, the Greeks are wonderful people and their food is delicious! Thank you for sharing a few authentic recipes, we will definitely be trying them out!

The sandwich was my personal preference. . .It would have been toast if I were in Greece.

Thanks for the kind words and Like.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky