Another good all around smoker book

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Smokers,
I've just finished another really good book that I know I will use over and over again as a reference book. I'm not sure it is as good as Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook by Ray Lampe but it's very close. Barbecue Secrets is written by Ron Shewchuk, a canadian who led the very first canadian team to win a major BBQ competition in the USA. The book is well written, contains some really great recipes and addresses some very reall smoking problems. It also provides some insights to the competition circuit. I highly recommend it.

Bill Smith

Doing a bit of light reading lately Bill? :P

Hi Earl,
Yep, I'm really getting into it. I probably have too much time on my hands but I'm seriously considering checking around town to see if there is any interest in forming a team. I certainly have no visions of grandeur but I'm thinking it may be a lot of fun and who knows, I may even learn something

Bill, I think that you have a serious case of Smokeritus. This is very similar to the affliction that I suffer from called Castironitus. For both of these conditions there is no known medical cure. The major symptom of this disease a passionate yearning to be completely involved in a hobby or favorite past time and wanting to share that same passion with everyone else!

I think it's a great idea to form smoke/'que team-best of luck on that endeavor. Maybe we'll see you on the Food Network!!! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky