ANOTHER FIRST, SOUS VIDE LOBSTER TAIL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Well I'm having some fun with this new sous vide machine.

And I had some lobster tails in the freezer, so why not try them sous vide style.

They were about 10 oz each.

Took the meat out of the tail and dried it off.

Into a vac bag with some butter & lemon slices.

Into the spa. This is a quick one, just about 30 minutes at 132 degrees.

All done!

Plated up with some garlic bread & beans & lentils.

It turned out very good, tender & juicy.

Didn't even need to dip it in melted butter.

Hope some of you get one of these sous vide things tomorrow morning under the tree!

Next up steak!

Merry Christmas to all of my SMF friends!

Al

Looks great, Al!
The Mrs has a request in for Salmon, so that will be first, but Lobster is definitely on the short list.
What temperature did you use and how long?

Dan

Looks great, Al!
The Mrs has a request in for Salmon, so that will be first, but Lobster is definitely on the short list.
What temperature did you use and how long?

Dan
Thanks Dan!

I set it at 133 degrees & 35 minutes.

Al

Not sure how I missed this Al.. I'm really late here, but doing SV lobster tails for the first time at the Mrs request... Done a search & this thread was the first to pop up! I appreciate the detailed post, I'll be following this! Wishing Judy a Happy Mom's Day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky