Another First Boudin.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtworldmike

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
roaming shores, ohio
Inspired by Foamheart  and others on here I had to give this a go. I'm calling mine "Kitchen Sink Boudin"  because as far as seasoning goes,I threw in just about everything I could get my hands on and it worked out great!!  I just kept adding different stuff until the wife and I agreed it was pretty good and had a little heat to it.

Here's a rundown.

3.5 lbs pork steak

1 lb chicken liver

1 big onion

3.5 cups rice( 1/2 white and 1/2 brown)

Some green onion tops

A few pieces of celery

Some garlic

salt and pepper

couple of bay leaves

some thyme.

green onion

parlsey

Additional seasoning used. ( seasoned again after meat and rice were mixed)

Jeff's rub.

Tony's

Old Bay

onion power

garlic power

cayenne pepper

After mixing and stuffing into hog casings it went into the fridge for the night.

Pork,chicken livers and vegs in the pot

All stuffed going into the fridge for the night.

In the MES at 7 am. to dry for 1 hr  @ 120*

2 of the three sections.

The money shot.

Made some Boudin balls too!

I smoke with pecan pellets using my AMNPS for about 7 hrs.total. After drying for an hour @120*. I started smoke. Bumped the temp to 130 after 4 hrs. and finished the last hr.@ 140. 

For my first time doing these they turned out CRAZY GOOD!!!   The casings have a wonderful bite through snap. I've ate two links so far and washed them down with two Little Kings ales. I'm going to try to let them bloom for a day or two If i can keep my hands off them that long.

Hope you enjoyed! 

Last edited:
You are probably a coonass and didn't know it, maybe stolen by gypsies as a baby and sold into bondage to some family with a green port-a-potty distributorship.

It looks awesome man, my next attempt will be crawfish boudin! Did I mention you can roll boudin in balls and deep fry it? That is carnival faire in Louisiana. 

Great job! Congrats.

You are probably a coonass and didn't know it, maybe stolen by gypsies as a baby and sold into bondage to some family with a green port-a-potty distributorship.

It looks awesome man, my next attempt will be crawfish boudin! Did I mention you can roll boudin in balls and deep fry it? That is carnival faire in Louisiana. 

Great job! Congrats.
Thanks!!

LOL.. Actually... I have always said the stork was suppose to have dropped me at the Texas Louisiana line not Ohio.
biggrin.gif

I had to quit using that port-a pot smoker in my avatar... Everything I made in it turned out tasting like crap.

Boudin is one of our favorites here and yours looks good enough to eat for sure!

The great thing about boudin is that it just begs to be expermented with!

Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky