Another duck on the weber rotisserie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm not a huge duck fan. But, mother of god, that looks amazing Cliff! I'm very interested in the spinach dish. I do love spinach. Can you give out the recipe? Also, do you think that method would work for game hens or turkey/chicken breast? Or. Perhaps. Squab. Which I'm very fond of.

Reactions: clifish
I'm usually not a fan of duck but that looks awesome Cliff! I'd stand in line for a plate of that and congrats on the ride!

Keith

Great looking cook, got my mouth watering! What kind of duck did you make?

I'm not a huge duck fan. But, mother of god, that looks amazing Cliff! I'm very interested in the spinach dish. I do love spinach. Can you give out the recipe? Also, do you think that method would work for game hens or turkey/chicken breast? Or. Perhaps. Squab. Which I'm very fond of.
Yes, spinning a turkey/chicken breast will work. This weekend I am going to spin a whole chicken on the kettle with splits and chunks in the basket without using the lid like civilsmoker civilsmoker did with the lamb...will report back.
As far as the spinach my wife did it, sautéed the garlic in a little avocado oil for about a minute, then added the fresh spinach, added cracked pepper mix until wilted. If she had her way she would have sautéed some mushrooms before the spinach.
Below is a salmon dish she made with additional mushrooms to the spinach (she did this when I was out of town...lol)
image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve H
I'm usually not a fan of duck but that looks awesome Cliff! I'd stand in line for a plate of that and congrats on the ride!

Keith
Thanks Keith, I really wanted to spatchcock it and do it on the MB800 but I won't have that option in PA for Thanksgiving so I need to practice up on the kettle.
Great looking cook, got my mouth watering! What kind of duck did you make?

It was from Jurgielewicz farms here on Long Island, NY. but they are sold frozen in stores and even Aldi

Reactions: Buckeyedude
First time I rotisseried a duck I went inside for a beer. When I came out the grill had caught fire, presumably from unmanaged duck fat. Put it out with a CO2 extinguisher. As an aside CO2 has a higher reflash possibility than dry chemical, but unlike dry chemical won't ruin anything.

Will try your recipe next time - including cauliflower mash. Is the number 1 cure a pink salt cure?

I am brining the turkey the same way to spin tomorrow but I am spinning it with the lid off the kettle with some splits on each side. Read the below thread and you will probably never use the lid again, so much easier and no worry about temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky