Another chucky thread.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
There were a few chucky threads bouncing around yesterday. And it just so happened that I had one going as well.

P2230613 - Copy.jpg

Touch over 2 pounds. Seasoned with SPOG and browned. And put in crockpot. Added 1 can low salt beef broth. Onion and whole mushrooms. Had on low for 9 hours.

P2230632.jpg

Removed at 201 IT to rest. Increased temp on crockpot to high. Put 2 tbs corn starch in 1/2 cup water and mixed to a slurry. Added to juices in crockpot. And stirred until thickened. Shredded roast and put back in crockpot.

P2230633.jpg

Served mine over fries with a tossed salad on the side. Great dinner!

Last edited:
Looks very Tasty, gravy made out of juices ..yum. I am hanging out to do a Chuck. I was going to do gmc2003 gmc2003 aka Chris - Method over the weekend.

Called my local Butcher and said can I order a 3 Kilo Chuck Roast, he said I havent been asked for one of those in 20 years! Whaaatt.

I have one Butcher left to ask otherwise I miss out on this treat until I get to the City..

Reactions: Steve H
Wow. That's crazy that a butcher wouldn't have any Chuck roll there. What are they making ground beef from then? Do they typically only carry steak cuts of the cow or....?

Delicious looking meal Steve, crockpot chucky is a favorite of ours. Especially with all those mushrooms!

Your post said you thickened 2T of water with 1/4c of water. That is pretty amazing, lol. Didn’t think there was that much blood loss from slicing your toe.

Like!

Delicious looking meal Steve, crockpot chucky is a favorite of ours. Especially with all those mushrooms!

Your post said you thickened 2T of water with 1/4c of water. That is pretty amazing, lol. Didn’t think there was that much blood loss from slicing your toe.

Like!

LOL! I meant corn starch!

Damn Steve cant believe I missed this. That looks amazing! I love how you served it over fries that is a genius idea going to try that out next time! Love all the mushrooms too. Salivating just looking at it. Big points man!

Damn Steve cant believe I missed this. That looks amazing! I love how you served it over fries that is a genius idea going to try that out next time! Love all the mushrooms too. Salivating just looking at it. Big points man!
Thanks!

Great meal there Steve nothing I wouldn't eat. Did you ever add Lipton onion soup mix to a roast? I do all the time as well as still add other veggies including chopped onion.

Warren

Great meal there Steve nothing I wouldn't eat. Did you ever add Lipton onion soup mix to a roast? I do all the time as well as still add other veggies including chopped onion.

Warren

Thanks Warren. I would have added some carrots. But didn't have any. Brain fart at the store......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky