Another Bacon wrapped Meatloaf on the WK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CoolbreezeBBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 1, 2020
Mixed 1.5 lb ground round, and 1 lb of ground pork into a meatloaf, wrapped with some applewood smoked bacon, and brushed on a KC style BBQ sauce. Used 2 charcoal baskets with mix of pecan and applewood chunks. Kept kettle temp right around 300. Pulled at 162 sliced up and enjoyed. Saved some for today, and sent rest to work with GF. Something different, fairly quick, and easy. Around 2 hours total, 20min prep 1H40min cook. Thanks for looking.
9A0BC48A-0A4D-46D3-A4A7-18D082331A9E.jpeg
0CEF8A81-6680-49F9-96B0-716DD671309C.jpeg
CB13F049-3F0E-42D7-9B68-40A4B6669E05.jpeg
F904CC61-AAC7-436B-82DE-C415F8562EA9.jpeg
00FA5A4F-20FF-4D82-91A8-9E1A0D6EDE84.jpeg
78D17763-4FFB-417F-9456-C5B95F597AB5.jpeg
CB0CA92F-993F-4DBA-AA2A-DD0B10A4C7FA.jpeg
p

Outstanding! and Bonus points for the diagonal weave! Love doing them that way. with these meatloaf posts today I think I need to add this to my list of meal planning! Great job.

Outstanding! and Bonus points for the diagonal weave! Love doing them that way. with these meatloaf posts today I think I need to add this to my list of meal planning! Great job.
Thanks, seems to be a meatloaf outbreak happening on here. I haven’t done one since spring, and wanted to do something different than what I’ve been doing. Just ate some leftovers, meatloaf always seems to be even better the next day.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Thanks, seems to be a meatloaf outbreak happening on here. I haven’t done one since spring, and wanted to do something different than what I’ve been doing. Just ate some leftovers, meatloaf always seems to be even better the next day.

Nothing wrong with a wave of meatloaf! and yeah, next day meatloaf is always something to look forward to!

That's one beautiful piece of work, Like! I an never bring myself to use my maple bacon to wrap something with, it's cut way too thick. RAY

That's one beautiful piece of work, Like! I an never bring myself to use my maple bacon to wrap something with, it's cut way too thick. RAY
Thanks RAY. If I made my own bacon, which is something I’d eventually like to try. I wouldn’t use it for a wrap either. That’s just store bought packaged bacon. I notice you use the 22 WK a lot, and pretty much have the same accessories as me. Probably gonna need some tips from you on a whole duck soon. Got one frozen, have never done one and have been itching to do it. I’ll post for advice when I’m thawing. Thanks for the like on the meatloaf.

Mixed 1.5 lb ground round, and 1 lb of ground pork into a meatloaf, wrapped with some applewood smoked bacon, and brushed on a KC style BBQ sauce. Used 2 charcoal baskets with mix of pecan and applewood chunks. Kept kettle temp right around 300. Pulled at 162 sliced up and enjoyed. Saved some for today, and sent rest to work with GF. Something different, fairly quick, and easy. Around 2 hours total, 20min prep 1H40min cook. Thanks for looking. View attachment 458225View attachment 458226View attachment 458227View attachment 458228View attachment 458229View attachment 458230View attachment 458231p
Looks Good!! Never heard of smoked meatloaf. Going to have to give it a try. Where did you get the smoking tray?

Great looking meatloaf! Hard to go back to oven baked after smoking one

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky