Another attempt at ribs and a 10lb butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Also gonna cook up some biscuits and gravy to hold me over till the ribs are done hopefully.

Okay so the ribs just came out of the foil and they passed the toothpick test and have good pullback. They are literally falling apart. Do I put them back out of foil now, or do I call them done? My problem with my past ribs is they seem to dry and tough after putting them back on after the foil step.

I ended up putting them back on the smoke for half hour. They turned out the best I've done yet but probably coulda stayed in longer. I was just worried about over cooking.

Thanks Al!

I let it rest in the cooler for 4 hours while I napped. Then I pulled it and put the finishing sauce on it. It turned out really good! I put it in ziploc bags. What do you guys do to reheat it without drying it out?

Ready to pull

Anyone want a Sammie?

If your just reheating enough for a couple of sammies.

I just nuke it for 30 seconds or so then mix in a little BBQ sauce & nuke it again for another 30 seconds.

Al

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky