Anniversary Pork Butt!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

medic92

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Mount Sterling, IL
Today is my tenth wedding anniversary.  While out running around I picked up a nine pound pork shoulder at $1.49/lb.  It's rubbed and ready to go tomorrow.  I think I'm going to use the Brinkmann vertical smoker on this one and see if it holds temperature a little better now that it's a little warmer than ten degrees.  Pictures will start in the morning.

Good luck on the smoke , and I'll brew some Coffee and watch . . .
Coffee.gif

Pork butt is rubbed and on the smoker.  I'm using a mix of pecan and apple wood, smoking at 275 since we celebrated our anniversary well into the night and I got a bit of a late start this morning. 

Congrats on the 10,   Butt looks good

Gary

About 3 1/2 hours into the cook...although it's performing just fine I'm realizing I honestly don't care for the vertical smoker.  I think I'll give it to my neighbor after this butt's done.

Looking Good ,   What is it you don't like about your smoker ?

gary

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that smoker-the shoulder is looking real good! I'm curious too what it is you don't care for. David.

Happy anniversary Medic, and many more. Don't give up on that vertical smoker just yet. Good looking pork shoulder there.

I just don't care for the setup for the most part.  Like I said, there's nothing wrong with the vertical smoker, I just prefer using my offset.  :)

Happy happy anniversary! Nice looking butt:biggrin:
I wish I was your neighbor!

It was decent but I don't think the quality of the pork was very good.  I think I'll stick with getting mine from the meat locker and paying a little more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky