AMNS question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmk2854

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Marlborough, Massachusetts
I wasn't quite sure if I should post this here or in the equipment forum, obviously I made my decision.  I apologize to the mod's if I'm not correct.

So I'm about to pull the trigger on the AMNS, I'm just not sure if I should go with the 6x6 or the 6x8.  I'll be using it in my MES 30.  I plan on using it mostly for cheese and nuts
biggrin.gif
, ha ha in spanglish - cheese y nuts, well I'm 12 at heart and mind!  I do plan on experimenting a bit on bacon and what not though.

Any advice will be thouroughly appreciated!  Thank you everyone in advance!

V/R,

Jason

I use the 6x8 in my mes30. For the price differance between the two i thought i might as well get the bigger size. The amns works great, just make sure you put a foil baffle in between the heating element and the amns for hot smokes.And a foil tent to protect it from grease and its great hours of TBS!!

Once you start using the AMNS you will eliminate using any other smoke source in the MES. The smoke is so much more consistant with the AMNS and depending on whether you light one or two ends you can control the amount of smoke you get too.

Just dropped the hammer on it!  Wicked excited now!  Grabbed the 6x8 and 1# each of maple, cherry and plum!  Hope it gets here before the Super Bowl so I can do my baby backs and rib roast with it.

yahoo.gif

I agree with all---good choice-----$5 more for much bigger unit.

And the 6 X 8 fits just as good in a MES 30 as the 6 X 6 does.

6 X 6----------------36 square inches

6 X 8----------------48 square inches

BIG difference!

We Are!

Bear

Last edited:
Just dropped the hammer on it!  Wicked excited now!  Grabbed the 6x8 and 1# each of maple, cherry and plum!  Hope it gets here before the Super Bowl so I can do my baby backs and rib roast with it.

yahoo.gif
Congratulation on your new toy - you will like it.

I noticed you bought a plum dust - not that I'm a smoking wood expert, but from memory, hanging around old folks smokin', they always used plum wood right at the end of the smoke for let's say one hour out of three day smoke. Apparently plum smoke is quite aromatic and distinct but if used on its own only  and overdone it may impart a bitter taste.

I'd mix it with cherry 4:1, or fill only one leg of AMNS with plum dust.

Cheers,

Laszlo

thanks Laszlo, saw the plum on there thought I'd give it a shot.  AMNS will arrive today, my do some cheese tomorrow if the weather is decent.  Thank you to those at A-MAZE-N Products LLC!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky