Amish Style Sweet Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Rick. i can never remember which one I like rather its the sweet or plain one until I taste it. We but the cheese and baloney snack packs at the the various markets and they have both kinds of baloney in them.

Warren

Beautiful color already.

1609700458071.png

Almost ready to pull out of PB.
IMG_3290.JPG

All 3 chubs got to an IT of 150.
The two smaller got IT faster so i put them in a cav bag, set my sealer on wet function and pulled a vac while still hot. The larger 4" took couple hours longer. Did the same with the 4"

They got to IT on their own.
IMG_9563.JPG

Kinda warm to the touch so they are going to remain in vac (sorta EQ) for a couple days.
IMG_8079.JPG

SV Should work good. I dont SV much with my sausage smokes.

Looks like the recipe we use. Minus the hot sauce

I only make it 20# batches. I tried a batch with ECA to try and match the dry cure tang and the citrus is at war with the sugar for the tongues attention IMO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky