Amephos substitute?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
yeah foamheart has some threads on this not sure if it will help you, just use the search and it will pop up

Amazon has a variety of Trisodium Phosphate products. The Original Amphos is available at Theingredientstore.com...JJ

I have a ham stix recipe it calls for Amephos this is not available locally is there a Amephos substitute or just leave it out?

You don't want to leave it out... makes for very moist sticks.. It's good stuff ...

Bat, evening... Amesphos, AKA STPP blend, is available from Amazon.... and The Ingredient Store.. Amesphos
Kosmos Q Injections
STPP Food Grade
And from one of our members store.. Evan Brady...

Last edited:
You can just add the powder to a recipe.. dissolve it in distilled water... DO NOT ADD more than 0.5% dry powder based on the weight of the meat...
Weight of meat X 0.005 = 5%......

Last edited:
After a long search I found in Canada it's called Curaid Supreme
To help bind and retain moisture in sausage. Cure sold separately. Use 57grams-170grams (2-6oz) for 100lbs of meat.
Ingredients: Blend of food grade Sodium Phosphate.
For those looking for some in the great white North

Reactions: daveomak
Hey !!!! Great find.....

170 grams per 100# = 0.37%
57 grams per 100# = 0.13%

Good numbers..... Canada has a little but lower tolerance for STPP than the US.... Which is all good... I keep my additions about 25% below max. allowable in the US.....

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky