Amazon Gift Card Virus Issues Back???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

weedeater

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 26, 2012
Northwest Georgia
I have started seeing this redirect occasionally when getting ready to log on to the site. I am a Premier Member so I thought it couldn’t happen anymore. Must be located in one of the adds that come up on the log in page before actually signing in. Is only happening on this site.

Below is a screen shot of the redirect. Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks,
Weedeater

59CF91B7-925E-414A-A85C-B520DE244A61.png

I’ve been getting it for last week or so

I’ve been getting it too. It was so bad that it popped up about once every 5 minutes. I cleared cache/history, restarted device and that seemed to have stopped it. Fingers crossed!

If you don't have a green banner under your Avatar that says premier member, you'll get ads. If you're a premier member and you don't sign in, you'll get ads until you sign in. I became a premier member because I was getting scareware from this site only (four virus scareware.) I didn't care about getting ads. Becoming a premier member instantly solved this scareware issue because it's embedded in an ad. Becoming a premier member is for a good cause and no ads and after my one year subscription expires I'll renew but will see if the scareware issue has been solved somehow.

Dr K, so as a “Premier Member”, do you see the Toyota ad on the screen between posts? Or does membership online block only the pop up ads? I have no problem becoming a member to get additional features and to support the site and I’m planning to get a membership. But the pop up ads are a bit much. Again, when it’s bad, I can’t view a post and return to the main page without getting a pop up ad and having to close the site and reopen. And it’s only Amazon...

Last edited:
Dr K, so as a “Premier Member”, do you see the Toyota ad on the screen between posts? Or does membership online block only the pop up ads? I have no problem becoming a member to get additional features and to support the site and I’m planning to get a membership. But the pop up ads are a bit much. Again, when it’s bad, I can’t view a post and return the the main page without getting a pop up ad and having to close the site and reopen. And it’s only Amazon...
I have zero ads. Nothing. A few hours after signing up the banner appeared under my avatar and no issues or ads other than the recent site wide email notification issue that's not related to being a Premier Member. I use my Galaxy S7 phone 90% of the time and windows 7 with Chrome.

Dr K
I am a Premier Member. I am getting the redirect while I am signing in. I just tried it several times in a row. If I sign in quickly I usually get in with no problems. If I am slow putting sign in info in then I get the redirect. When the site first comes up before I sign in there are adds scrolling on the page. Once I sign in as a Premier Member those adds go away but if I stay on that page long enough before getting add free one of them gets me.

Weedeater

Dr K
I am a Premier Member. I am getting the redirect while I am signing in. I just tried it several times in a row. If I sign in quickly I usually get in with no problems. If I am slow putting sign in info in then I get the redirect. When the site first comes up before I sign in there are adds scrolling on the page. Once I sign in as a Premier Member those adds go away but if I stay on that page long enough before getting add free one of them gets me.

Weedeater
I make sure the always signed in box is checked when signing in so every few days I'll have to sign in again and make sure that box is checked. It maybe from restarting phones and computers every week after installing updates when I have to sign in again.

Please, if you already haven't, contact the Administrators about the bugs, just to be sure they know and can address it.
Click on 'Stay Logged In' and don't log out.
It works for me.
I don’t sign out. I get the pop up frequently. Does premier membership make a difference in pop ups

Thank you for letting us know about this.. I have been getting this recently from various other sites as well. It's one of those things we have to stay on top of. I will report this and they should be able to issue a fix for this fairly quickly.

Once again, thank you for letting us know so we can squash it.

Can you guys let us know what device you are seeing this on? Any other information such as operating system, browser, etc is very helpful.

IPad Mini, Safari browser

I have to say that it has not happened since shortly after I started this thread. I noticed the last few times I have signed in that there were no adds prior to the sign in which was the issue I was having. Being a Premier Member the adds go away after I sign in but one of them was getting me prior to execution of the sign in.

Weedeater

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky