Amazon deal on Chef Choice 615a meat slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i used my new 615a slicer to slice up a pork loin to make pork jerky. i used the oem serrated blade, and it did a great job doing 1/4" slices. i plan to do paper thin slices for some asian dishes, like shabu shabu or hot pot, so we'll see if the serrated blade can do that. but for 1/4" slices i don't see the need for a straight blade.

Just to bump this thread, I saw this thread today as I was looking for a slice and clicked on the woot link provided in the original post and it is still available for $89.99. I just ordered one.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of how it will perform slicing thin slices of prosciutto or bresaola? I read a thread here somewhere that the person built and installed a sort of shim to get extra thin slices.

I have this slicer. I have found that freezing what you are going to slice for a few hours will let you get ultra thin without modifications. My favorite use is slicing smoked bottom round for Roast Beef sammies. I can slice just as thin as the deli, and pay a LOT less for my roast beef. The only downside is that it won't take large chunks of meat because of the smaller blade diameter. I also found the smooth blade cut better than the serrated.

I added an aluminum plate to lengthen, widen and reduce the gap next to the blade... It improved the slices where they are a lot thinner but not as thin as the expensive, professional slicers... Pastrami sliced pretty thin... better than before...

2019-3-26 pastrami 002.JPG

2019-3-26 pastrami 004.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky